X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing SU-35 motor upgrade

Anyone upgraded motors/fans on this one? Anyone use the Freewing Red or Blue 70mm power system? If so, did it drop right in?

Thanks!

RE: Freewing SU-35 motor upgrade

Just completed this upgrade on my Freewing 262, along with 120a esc's. (Overkill but had in inventory)The motor/fan units dropped right in, but the ESC's took a little bit due to all the solder joints. Will advise results after my first flight.
    Like you, I also ordered these for my SU-35 mod., but my 262 bird won the coin toss this time. It will be interesting if there is a noticeable noise diff. from the original 6 blade fans.
    CT

Comment

RE: Freewing SU-35 motor upgrade

Flew a successful flight of my ME262 yesterday with the upgraded 70mm motors/fans. The new units draw 71a and 1450w and provided a noticeable increase in performance in all power bands. The sound also improved and eliminated most of the "whining" from the original 6 blade units, although not matching that of 80mm 12 blade units ( Not sure what combo. can match the unbelievable sounds from the 80mm units).

PS - Thank you's to Alpha and all of the MRC support staff. I was having issues with throttle calibration and emailed Alpha last Sunday afternoon, to my amazement I received his expert help/reply late Sunday evening!!!  That in itself says everything one needs to know about MRC.

CT

Comment

Working...
      X