X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechOne Neptune EDF

I've had the Neptune for some time and do love how it flies, but was thinging the other day how can I get a little more speed? I was wondering have any of you ever changed out the 6 blade to a 12 blade. Just wondering how that would word or it would add some more speed or maybe to much for it?
    Still Learning:D

Changing to a different blade count like that will probably mean changing the ESC also . The difference if blade count will mean more pull and the ESC will most likely heat up and shut off . best way to do it is to increase the amps size from what is in it to prevent this from happening .

Bryan
    But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Additionally, motors tend to be more stout when going to high blade count fans. For example, the old "version 1" 90mm fans that came on Freewing EDFs had ESCs that were in the 80A (or less). The latest (version 2 and so called "high speed" versions) with high blade count fans, utilize ESCs that are up in the 130A or more and/or inrunner motors on "high speed" versions). You get more thrust with higher blade counts, spinning at more or less the same speed, but these draw way more amps and can put much more strain on the motor. One or the other or both may quit.

Comment

Thanks guy, I may just leave it like it is. It's pretty fast at around 80 or so. It was just a thought. It has a 40a esc and where I have it mounted it stays pretty cool running it pretty hard at around 4 to 5 minutes. I'll have to snap a pic sometime and show how I have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          I've had the Neptune for some time and do love how it flies, but was thinging the other day how can I get a little more speed?

Comment

I can't get anything when I click on it!

Comment

It has a 40a ESC. Using a 3s 2200 battery.

Comment

Thanks guy, I may just leave it like it is. It's pretty fast at around 80 or so. It was just a thought. It has a 40a esc and where I have it mounted it stays pretty cool running it pretty hard at around 4 to 5 minutes. I'll have to snap a pic sometime and show how I have it.
                I've had mine radar clocked at 86mph coming out of a full power dive to level across the field. I don't need any more speed for the Neppy. I found that placing my ESC in front of the EDF kept it quite cool. I fly with a 3S/2200mah batt.. Pic attached & YouTube link if you want to see some Neptune blistering flight.

Denny

Upgraded the esc to a 45amp Turnigy and battery to a 4s Zippy 2200mah .We will get the data logger in it next time and post some numbers ,but wow it was fast...
                *** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
                *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

I can't get anything when I click on it!
                  Here you go. 4S in the first link, 5s in the second link.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=585

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4#post36346652

Comment

Thanks guy, I haven't really made my mind up on what to do or not. Yorkiee, I believe I got some advice from you a while back and sat the esc and receiver on it.

Comment

Working...
                    X