X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-18

Ok that big beautiful brown truck came by !!! Got the Freewing F-18 64mm HP. What a great looking plane . Would love to see them add retracts that would make it perfect !!
    Royal Maces

Bryan
    But Crashing is Landing

RE: F-18

Retracts would be fantastic on the 64mm...Great jet! I love the ease of High Alpha (just limit your ailerons on one of your mixes for HA)...Fast, fun jet!
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Thanks Aros , maybe it will stop raining here soon and I can take it out . The details are fantastic !!!!!! I think the Blue Angel scheme would look very nice too but then how many do you carry becomes a issue .

Bryan
      But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Can one have too many? Well my wife would say one is too many so what are you to do (but hide the box). :D
        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

LOL Very true

Bryan
          But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Hey Hippie...I'm gonna give you a little ribbing here, but its all in good fun...Maybe when you maiden this jet, you should find a field with less trees :D
            But seriously, that thing looks like it would be a riot to fly!

Jeff

Comment

You almost had falling out of my chair !!!!!!  I need a huge field with no trees . That's the second one I " landed " in a tree .Bad part is they are probably about 100 feet apart . I was lucky to get the Pandora down in the summer . Still trying to figure out how to get the FW 190 down ....

Bryan
              But Crashing is Landing

Comment

In my opinion, If you've never had one stuck in a tree, your doing it wrong Lol

Jeff

Comment

Yep, when I was first learning, I managed to stick my Flyzone Cub in a tree where I fly. Was going to head home to get a ladder, when a guy in this HUGE 4x4 dually diesel truck with a lift kit came by and offered to help. He climbed up on top of his cab, and with a rake, we managed to get it down! No real damage to plane, just a few cosmetic scratches. I have avoided those trees like the plague every since that day!! :D

Comment

http://youtu.be/b1ajoyg54y8

Some clips from a maiden.  Hatcam was too low so not the best vid, but wanted to share for what it's worth.

Plane flew great.  Had to trim a bit to the left and some down elevator, and also reduce ailerons throws some (I'm at like 60% rate right now).  It's a bit touchy and squirlly at higher throws, at least for my liking.  It's fast, and has quite good vertical ability.  Probably a good first EDF though, even at the 4S version.

I hope to get a better flight and better video soon; we had a break in the weather today from the snow and cold, so I was thankfully able to get out there and fly for the first time in a while.

Comment

Looks great! Nice job!
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Hello Friends, Yes the Freewing F/A 18E Hornet in the Royal Maces 64MM is an Awesome flying jet. Retracts for sure would make these the ultimate 64MM EDF, I guess we can't have it all. I've flown mine now several times, I can't imagine a way to damage the landing gear, which is great! You can high alpha when landing to where it slows the model so much. I can land within 5 feet or less, see my video. Matthew Maryan on youtube.com, great flyer too. It's also a great way to enter into flying EDF jets. I did get the normal version and not the high speed one, which is fine. I can update it anytime with all the extra parts I have. For $139.00 it's a lasting fun week or weekend flyer, it's also one you can fit just about anywhere and fly on a lunch break! The space needed to land is minimal, light weight and slow to land.

Cheers! Matt

Comment

Hey Matt I really enjoy and watch all your videos . Was worried on a few if you were going into to the tree with the EDF's . I'm happy to see you on grass , that's all I have .

Waiting for more videos Matt.  And if anybody wonders you can land a small EDF on grass , not the F-18 but this is the F9F .https://vimeo.com/115490189 

Bryan
                          But Crashing is Landing

Comment

I love F-18, great plane. Nice video "Hippie64".

Comment

Working...
                            X