X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing JH-7A Flying Leopard

Anybody out there have this jet? May purchase, but would like to hear from someone who owns one.

Freewing doesn't make the JH-7. I've only ever seen one here in China.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I just checked and you are correct. Not sure why i thought it was a Freewing.

Thanks..........Any info on who is the manufacturer??

Comment

This is a bit uncanny. :Thinking:
        Out of hundreds of planes to choose from, you pick one that isn't made by anyone ...:)LOL
        Straighten Up - Fly Right

Comment

:Silly:The problem is i have those hundred other planes.............trying to find something different

Comment

It's a slightly sensitive topic, but I'll share a smidge. This J-7 is a rare example of a "pet project" being developed by a group of individuals, rather than a single "name brand" factory as part of a diverse product portfolio. Essentially, a wealthy sponsor, a freelance designer, and common off the shelf components from supply chains here in China come together to create a one-off project. I know who designed this one, in addition to his other work. The J-7 is available from a short list of resellers in Asia, but it isn't tied to any single integrated Factory/Distributor such as the relationship between Freewing and MotionRC. Accordingly, potential buyers should be aware beforehand that spare parts support, warranty, and technical services may differ significantly from the level of support available for mainstream products/factories and their distributors.

To be clear, I'm a big fan of Raymond at RC-Castle; he sells many brands' products, including Freewing, Dynam, and others for years. I'm not singling him out because his website was linked above for the J-7, I don't want to give that impression. He's a good resource for products from reputable manufacturers.

Nevertheless, I do think it remains undeniable that product support differs between manufacturers, which will always limit the support any given retailer can provide. Permanent factories have more durable chains of command, which are necessary in my experience to receive and implement improvements coming from the front lines. This is one of the main reasons why we sell what we sell, and why we don't sell what we don't sell. Everything must meet a minimum service level requirement, comprising a variety of facets. We conduct our own risk assessments and pass that on to our customer family in good faith. Of course we're all adults here, so ultimately it's a personal call on what we buy with our wife's money.

Comment

Hey Alpha, Thanks for your response. Great Information. Its uniqueness is a draw, but really do not want to backslide into the frustrating old days before Motion came along.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                ultimately it's a personal call on what we buy with our wife's money.
                Good one!

Comment

Thanks Alpha, now she is checking the contents of every box that the Brown truck delivers !

Comment

Just a quick note in case anyone is thinking about puchasing the JH, its made by a company called Fung Fan Model in China.:Thinking:

Comment

Nice to see the JH-7 modeled and executed pretty well, particularly the gear struts. They also avoided a cheater hole which always wins points from me.

I always thought this would be a cool model...like a Sepecat Jaguar and Mitsubishi F-1 mated,,, with steroids involved...

Here is a video of it flying at the palm tree field...and another spot I've not seen before with boulder EPO magnets. Listen to those intakes...and that anhedral!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

It's just cool to see...but of course now I'm thinking if this is out there....Freewing could make this

Click image for larger version  Name:	TSR-2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	68.2 KB ID:	128157

Yes, the gear are a little tricky....but they did it with the SU-34...remember that one people?

Comment

Originally posted by air-jon View Post
                        Nice to see the JH-7 modeled and executed pretty well, particularly the gear struts. They also avoided a cheater hole which always wins points from me.

I always thought this would be a cool model...like a Sepecat Jaguar and Mitsubishi F-1 mated,,, with steroids involved...

Here is a video of it flying at the palm tree field...and another spot I've not seen before with boulder EPO magnets. Listen to those intakes...and that anhedral!

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

It's just cool to see...but of course now I'm thinking if this is out there....Freewing could make this

Click image for larger version Name:	TSR-2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	68.2 KB ID:	128157

Yes, the gear are a little tricky....but they did it with the SU-34...remember that one people?
                        Great Photo!

Comment

TSR-2.... ;)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	128298

Comment

Working...
                            X