X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing 90mm T-45 Goshawk

When I learned the other day from Motion Tom that FMS was discontinuing 4 of its 1400 warbirds(F4U Olathe, F6F, P40 and P47 silver), I was bummed almost to the point of being pissed off. Being the eternal optimist that I have become, I started looking around to see what was going on with the industry. Well OMG, look what I found and boy did this put the smile back on this Nam Navy vets face.
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2328975
    Well I am here to say that I am all over this as having it be the frontman for 'Warbirds' fleet.
    Just want to say KUDOS to Alpha on his involvement with this new product project.
    So seeing that the projected availability is May/June, I only have 2 questions regarding its arrival.
    1 - What is the PNP price?
    2 - Where is the video so I can see/hear this bad boy?

Best Regards,   

Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

RE: Freewing 90mm T-45 Goshawk

Originally posted by OV10
    When I learned the other day from Motion Tom that FMS was discontinuing 4 of its 1400 warbirds(F4U Olathe, F6F, P40 and P47 silver), I was bummed almost to the point of being pissed off. Being the eternal optimist that I have become, I started looking around to see what was going on with the industry. Well OMG, look what I found and boy did this put the smile back on this Nam Navy vets face.
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2328975
    Well I am here to say that I am all over this as having it be the frontman for 'Warbirds' fleet.
    Just want to say KUDOS to Alpha on his involvement with this new product project.
    So seeing that the projected availability is May/June, I only have 2 questions regarding its arrival.
    1 - What is the PNP price?
    2 - Where is the video so I can see/hear this bad boy?

Best Regards,   

We are just as excited as you to get to shoot video on this one. We have a few projects ahead of it also. The F5, Super Scorpion and F16 among others. Can't say on price, but I'd think it would be similar to the F16.

Comment

Hello Ryan,
      Thanx for your response. Look forward to the coming video. Hope that your incorrect on your thinking about price because that would be a little stiff and put the price point out of reach for a lot of guys. From what I saw it looked to be more in the realm of somewhere between the $300 EDF's and the FA-18 with thrust vectoring pricing because the only additional cost feature was the slats. Anticipating good news in the near future on this !!
      Best Regards,
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

The T-45 is still a ways off. We never know the final pricing until the model has been put into production. We have ideas but never know 100%. The T-45 is a 90mm jet with all the scale fidelity of the new Freewing 90mm F-16. These new 90mm jets are in a class all their own which will become apparent once more of the details are released. Once everything is 100% finalized, Freewing will put costs to all the individual components. The amount of design and development work Freewing and Motion RC put into this EDF is far beyond the 90mm F-18 and more inline with the new 90mm F-16 so I would expect pricing to be similar.

I have a feeling there will be some more discontinued FMS planes on the horizon. I suppose they are doing what they need to do to sustain their business. The models may simply be poor sellers or maybe they have run their life. They may be making room for other production or perhaps other endeavors FMS has taken on are draining cash. I suspect it is a combination of all of the above but I'm certain they are not doing it to anger customers. In the end they are trying their best to sustain their business and keep customers happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC
          The T-45 is still a ways off. We never know the final pricing until the model has been put into production. We have ideas but never know 100%. The T-45 is a 90mm jet with all the scale fidelity of the new Freewing 90mm F-16. These new 90mm jets are in a class all their own which will become apparent once more of the details are released. Once everything is 100% finalized, Freewing will put costs to all the individual components. The amount of design and development work Freewing and Motion RC put into this EDF is far beyond the 90mm F-18 and more inline with the new 90mm F-16 so I would expect pricing to be similar.

I have a feeling there will be some more discontinued FMS planes on the horizon. I suppose they are doing what they need to do to sustain their business. The models may simply be poor sellers or maybe they have run their life. They may be making room for other production or perhaps other endeavors FMS has taken on are draining cash. I suspect it is a combination of all of the above but I'm certain they are not doing it to anger customers. In the end they are trying their best to sustain their business and keep customers happy.
          I hope the FMS P 51B Dallas Darling Isn't one of those. I'm looking to buy one in the very near future.  

Roy B.

Comment

The Dallas Darling should be safe far into the future.

Comment

I've been waiting for someone to do this plane...thank you...credit card is ready!
              F=ma

Comment

Back in the "Bummer Zone" with Freewing/FMS after seeing the pricing in the pre order. WHOAAAA, half a grand ? ! ? ! , not on this vets retirement income. Guess I'll just have to be satisfied with my A6 as being the only EDF NAVY bird in my fleet.
                Warbird Charlie

Comment

What a beautiful bird ! Sorry to say I'll never buy it . I know and understand that prices start at the wholesale but that's out of my range . $500 plus $110 for the battery and that's just too much . It seems that maybe the industry is heading toward either little fast planes or big jets . Maybe it's me that's out of touch. I'm sure there will be the staple planes always available but they may become very limited in the variety of them . Just my thoughts 

Bryan 
                  But Crashing is Landing

Comment

I agree with you H64-I enjoy seeing these planes, but set a limit of 300 for a plane since that is all I am willing to risk or possibly lose. I am also limiting myself to 4 cell batteries for much the same reasons. I can have a ton of fun with 3 & 4 cell planes and not hemorrhage money if I crash. For this reason, I too wish the manufacturers would produce more planes in this range. Just my .02$!

Comment

Not everyone has the field space for fast flying large jets such as my club field nor do most of our members want to spend that kind of money. If the manufactures want to go down that road I believe they will lose money not us.
                      Roy B.

Comment

We carry a wide range of planes to fit different size requirements and budgets. We currently carry well over 300 planes. Nobody is going to want all 300 planes we carry and most people don't have the space for 300 planes. This T-45 is an extremely detailed large jet with a price appropriate for what it is. It is much larger with much more detail then an 80mm series EDF such as the A6 or F-86. It has a much larger EDF, motor, ESC, servos, and a lot more electronics. We certainly understand this plane is not for everyone just as our 80mm jet and 64mm jets are not for everyone. If we only made $200 64mm EDF jets, we'd have another part of our customer base wanting 90mm jets. Again, this is why we have planes in all sizes to fit all budgets. We will continue to produce planes in all sizes for all budgets in the future as we have done in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC
                          We carry a wide range of planes to fit different size requirements and budgets. We currently carry well over 300 planes. Nobody is going to want all 300 planes we carry and most people don't have the space for 300 planes. This T-45 is an extremely detailed large jet with a price appropriate for what it is. It is much larger with much more detail then an 80mm series EDF such as the A6 or F-86. It has a much larger EDF, motor, ESC, servos, and a lot more electronics. We certainly understand this plane is not for everyone just as our 80mm jet and 64mm jets are not for everyone. If we only made $200 64mm EDF jets, we'd have another part of our customer base wanting 90mm jets. Again, this is why we have planes in all sizes to fit all budgets. We will continue to produce planes in all sizes for all budgets in the future as we have done in the past.
                          Exactly Tom, I have seen MRC grow into their current inventory, offering price points to all of us. Not only are they the fastest growing vendor, all of their planes/helos offered go through detailed tests before they will make them available to the public, so unlike other vendors, we dont have to worry about inferior quality or even if they are flightworthy.
                          CT

Comment

Just because I will likely never own this new T-45 doesn't mean I don't want to see it offered. I was simply stating where my purchase decisions start and end. I think it is great that these birds are offered to those that are interested, and I would love to watch one being flown too. Just a bit too expensive for me to personally own, at least at this point. I think MRC is doing a great job offering a huge variety of planes to most every price point. From a selfish standpoint, sure, I'd love to see more new entries in my arena of flying, but I figure they will be coming along eventually.

To each his own, and may everyone enjoy the hobby!

Comment

I do a lot of surfacing the net for different planes and I find some very interesting pricing.  Take BH (I think most of you know what this stands) for example, they have a wide range of planes and most are expensive compared to other vendors.  Moreover, their customer service is just awful.  I rather pay more for good customer service than anything else.  Motion offers many planes at very reasonable prices.  The T-45 has many innovations that would cost much more if one tried to purchase separately.  I plan on buying this plane after checking the prices elsewhere.  I passed on "old Crow" for this one.  This was a difficult decision though, as I just love the Mustangs.  I agree that the price is a little expensive if one includes the batteries.  Fortunately, I have a good supply of batteries.  I hope motion keeps these planes coming.   

Comment

Working...
                              X