Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A3-L on Rebel V2???

Hi Guys,

Well I finally got out to fly my Rebel v2. I have mine setup with a Hobby Eagle A3-L.I also have the remote gain programmed to a knob on my transmitter. It seems I have to keep the gain very low to stop the pulsing. I'm guessing this plane does not really need any stabilization. Is anyone out there running these on their jets?? I love it on my Timber and such, but maybe the jets are so precise it's not needed.
    Gary

That doesn't necessarily mean you don't need stabilization on that plane. All it might mean is that the knob for master gain is too sensitive. Have you flown the plane without stabilization? Can you tell the difference when you do a roll and stop when the roll is complete? Without the stab, when you complete the roll and center the stick, the plane kind of "mushes" back to normal flight. With stab, the plane finishes the roll with a "snap" when you center the stick. I find landings are much easier and smoother with stabilization. Flying in wind is where stabilization really shines. If you fly only in calm, you may never see any difference with or without the device.
    I have the A3-L on many of my planes - props, EDFs. The faster the plane flies, the lower the gain seems to need to be. You do realize that the "master gain" on the rotary knob controls both the "normal" gain and "3D" gain. Depending on how you've got the rotory set up (ie, normal or reversed), to one side of 12 o'clock, it adjusts the gain set on the pots from zero to 100%. The other side is the same (zero to 100%). If you've got the pots on the HobbyEagle set to max (ie, full clockwise), then you've got zero to 100% actual gain. If you've got the pots set to the mid point (50%), the knob will give you zero to 100% of 50% (or 50%). If you find that it doesn't take much of a turn of the knob to get the pulsing (I call it oscillation), then turn the pots down more and you'll get a higher resolution with the knob. On one of my jets, I have the normal pot set to about 25% and the 3D pot set to zero. The knob then gives me zero to 25% as the full sweep. You can look at the light on the HobbyEagle to know which side of the 12 o'clock you should be on. "Normal" gain is blue. 3D gain is red. On that jet, the knob is usually set at about 1/2 way between 12 o'clock and full left, so about 12.5% normal gain.
    Since the knob controls both types of gain and you are not flying a 3D plane, you are better off to turn the 3D pot to minimum. Then if you accidentally turn the knob past 12 o'clock, nothing will happen. It's just like having no gain at all for "normal".

Comment

WOW!!!! Lots of great info. I was aware you could change modes with a switch, but didn't know it would change based on value. I will look at it some more, Thanks!!!
      Gary

Comment

Working...
      X