• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	66655332_2222491157786212_7734281242966753280_n.jpg
Views:	766
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	206143
    BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

You inspire me to paint my Avanti what scale for callie graphics. Did you get a custom print.

Comment

Originally posted by Kferros View Post
        You inspire me to paint my Avanti what scale for callie graphics. Did you get a custom print.
        I dont know the scale.
        I just emailed Callie and told her the manufacturer, the plane and the wing span. That how I work with her. If anything is not what I like she corrects it fast.
        BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

Thanks for the info. I’m going to follow your paint paint scheme but not as detailed. Will be first in a long time. Would Callie have info on your graphics for Avanti. Thanks for getting back

Comment

Yes, just attach the picture

Comment

Just watched the video, lots of great tips.
              One question I do have, how and do you remove any factory decals or paint before you start the painting process, or do you leave them on and just fill over them?

Comment

Originally posted by STRlKER View Post

Just watched the video, lots of great tips.
                One question I do have, how and do you remove any factory decals or paint before you start the painting process, or do you leave them on and just fill over them?
                Remove decals by using ice cubes.
                Remove paint using acetone and a rag (stay away from plastic parts and hinges).
                Yes it takes alot of time but saves on weight.

Comment

Originally posted by t33jetman View Post

Remove decals by using ice cubes.
                  Remove paint using acetone and a rag (stay away from plastic parts and hinges).
                  Yes it takes alot of time but saves on weight.
                  How do you go about using the ice cubes?
                  Doesn't the acetone melt the foam?

Comment

EPO is not affected by acetone. Wear gloves and have plenty of ventilation!!

Comment

Originally posted by STRlKER View Post

How do you go about using the ice cubes?
                      Doesn't the acetone melt the foam?
                      Rub the decal with ice till it comes lose and it will not damage the foam.
                      Watch all my videos on YouTube....t33jetman

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Belluomini View Post
                        EPO is not affected by acetone. Wear gloves and have plenty of ventilation!!
                        I never would’ve guessed that. 👍
                        I worked in the auto body business for 25 + years and I figured it would melt it instantly.
                        Have you ever tried lacquer thinner?
                        Thanks for the tip 😃

Comment

Originally posted by t33jetman View Post

Rub the decal with ice till it comes lose and it will not damage the foam.
                          Watch all my videos on YouTube....t33jetman
                          That is a great piece of advice.
                          I will have to give it try 👍

Comment

Working...
                          X