X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8s in my F-15...

I upgraded this a/c after flying it awhile and was unimpressed with the 6s power.....Very happy with the power boost with the 8s......however......it seems to be puffing my 2s Admiral 5000s and I am not even above 60% on the throttle for 80% of the flight....I may go vertical one time during the 4 min flight where I use full throttle .... I am landing with 25%-30%
    left in both batteries and yet I have puffed two 2s batteries now.....

Thats part of the reason i cut off at 3.8volts.

Comment

So, you're ganging 4 x 2s batteries together? Curious what C rating on those batteries. Have you tried ganging 2 x 4s, high C batteries?

Comment

The packs are getting too hot. That is what typically puffs them.

Full charged batteries that aren't even plugged into anything will puff at about 150 to 160 F.
        Add current demand and they puff at lower temperature. As low as 125 F internal. (depending on battery quality)

Pushing packs near their current limit they will heat internally quite fast.
        LiPos also heat rapidly when pulling out the last bit of power before hitting LVC (my EDF LVC setting leaves the packs at 3.75V/cell after cooling down and is the high LVC setting for the ESC). Land without hitting LVC and take the pack temperatures ASAP. Then try it after hitting LVC. The difference is significant.

Once puffed, I wouldn't trust them in a high power EDF again. But they can be used in planes that get 8 to 12 min average flying time per charge.
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
          So, you're ganging 4 x 2s batteries together? Curious what C rating on those batteries. Have you tried ganging 2 x 4s, high C batteries?
          No....one 6s 5000 and one 2s.....This is my first 8s setup although I also bought one to install in the F4.....using Admiral batteries.....not a lot of room in the F 15 to get cool air through....

Comment

With the new 9 blades 90mm edf it should be better to tnstall this setup inside f15 and f16. Sure there isn't any freespace inside fuselage of those jet.

Comment

Working...
            X