X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing 90mm Goshawk

Would anybody have recommendations on a RX for this EDF jet ?? Should have AS3X ? Should just purchase a gyro and basic 8 channel RX ? Should have No gyro ?

That kind of depends on your experience and skill level, which you have not indicated. I don't have the Goshawk specifically, but I do have many EDFs from 64mm, 70mm, 80mm to 90mm. Some have gyros, most don't. The only one I have that really needs a gyro is my Mig 29 because I need it to hover a bit on hand launch and the gyro makes that easy. The others that I have a gyro in is only because I was playing with them and seeing if flight was improved. On the most part, no, unless I'm flying in a lot of wind.
    A Spektrum AS3X receiver will be expensive, especially since you need at least 7 channels for this plane. It also needs to be programmed for your plane. Are you well versed in doing this? A reliable, "basic" 8-ch Rx can be had at a reasonable cost if you look at the Lemon line of receivers. They have 8-ch and 10-ch (you don't have to use the last 2 channels) in DSMX. Admiral also makes a 7-ch and 10-ch Rx. One those will be less than 1/3 the price a Spektrum product. If you wish, you can add a HobbyEagle gyro and it's still a reasonable outlay of money.

Comment

The 90 mm T45 Goshawk is a very solid smooth flying jet. Even in breezy conditions it handles well. I use a Spectrum 8 channel receiver in mine, no gyro, no problem . On my newest EDF I purchased the Admiral RX1000 10 channel DSMX receiver from Motion R/C . Works great and is very well priced, I highly recommend it . The number one thing I do suggest is using a separate battery for all those servos ,slats, flaps and retract doors. This jet uses a lot of juice. It's a great looking good flying airplane.

Comment

I used to have a Hitec 9 channel in the prototype and then in the first production T-45, but nowadays I have an Admiral RX1000 in it, just like SWOFLY. It allows me to take advantage of all the moveable surfaces on the T-45. Although I still link slats with second stage flaps on a single switch.
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
          That kind of depends on your experience and skill level, which you have not indicated. I don't have the Goshawk specifically, but I do have many EDFs from 64mm, 70mm, 80mm to 90mm. Some have gyros, most don't. The only one I have that really needs a gyro is my Mig 29 because I need it to hover a bit on hand launch and the gyro makes that easy. The others that I have a gyro in is only because I was playing with them and seeing if flight was improved. On the most part, no, unless I'm flying in a lot of wind.
          A Spektrum AS3X receiver will be expensive, especially since you need at least 7 channels for this plane. It also needs to be programmed for your plane. Are you well versed in doing this? A reliable, "basic" 8-ch Rx can be had at a reasonable cost if you look at the Lemon line of receivers. They have 8-ch and 10-ch (you don't have to use the last 2 channels) in DSMX. Admiral also makes a 7-ch and 10-ch Rx. One those will be less than 1/3 the price a Spektrum product. If you wish, you can add a HobbyEagle gyro and it's still a reasonable outlay of money.
          Ok Thank you for your feedback , I like the lemon rx 7 w/ stability which I did purchase for this airplane. I'm no expert by any means!! I put in a lot of hours on the Grand Tundra & sportsman s plus without safe on. I have a few EDF jets .. A380, Turbojet , HobbyLobby ex jet , 117 bomber & the Australian milatery A340. However ☹️ Never flown any of them ?? They are all ready to go with Lemons installed, just need to put it to the sticks and stop worrying ( what if I crash it !!!!!! )

Comment

Thanks to everybody for their feedback THANK YOU !! EVERYONE ... I am trying to figure out the site still but, I did read all the feedback everyone left on my question ,, Thanks again ,

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot View Post

Ok Thank you for your feedback , I like the lemon rx 7 w/ stability which I did purchase for this airplane. I'm no expert by any means!! I put in a lot of hours on the Grand Tundra & sportsman s plus without safe on. I have a few EDF jets .. A380, Turbojet , HobbyLobby ex jet , 117 bomber & the Australian milatery A340. However ☹️ Never flown any of them ?? They are all ready to go with Lemons installed, just need to put it to the sticks and stop worrying ( what if I crash it !!!!!! )
              The G. Tundra and Sportsman S plus, even without SAFE on, are considered fairly tame, beginner type planes. An EDF is another whole level (or two) up from that in terms of flight experience. Since you haven't flown any of those EDFs you already have, I'd say start with one that you would shed the least amount of tears if you buried it. Crashing is all part of flying. I've crashed a fairly pricey jet on the first flight because it wasn't set up correctly and I didn't react fast enough. A stabilized receiver or a stand alone stabilizer won't always prevent that if the flight envelope of the plane far exceeds your skill level. It's an aid, not insurance. Stabilizers are wonderful things BUT you must check out every aspect of the set up before you send the plane up, especially the stick response and the stabilizer respond on every axis. Have one reversed and it's going to take a dirt nap. Set the gains too high and the plane could oscillate itself to death in mid-air. Have the ability to turn it off from the Tx or start with low gain and if it will help, have someone stand by you, ready to turn it off for you. Remote master gain on a rotary knob is also very useful but again, it won't be much good if you can't reach for it in time. Oscillations due to too high of gain usually begin with increasing speed. You want the lowest amount of gain that the plane can handle at its top speed. Those little gain pots on these devices work in minute turns. 1/16th of a turn can mean crossing over into oscillation territory.

Comment

Ok ! Thankyou , I’m picking up what your laying down !! And I’ve check & rechecked all surfaces I do have my pots set at about 9o’clock position with my DX8G2 knob set as master gain. I have to start somewhere & like you said pick one that won’t hurt too bad. I do appreciate the advice a ton & do realize EDF’s are a different ball game ! Thus why I still have them.... LOL ... I’ve herd if ya Love them don’t fly them ... LOL.. I think it’s time to see what’s up !!! Thanks XVIPER

Comment

Working...
                X