You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For all you fanatics that have everything!!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all you fanatics that have everything!!

For those of you that just have to have the coolest plane at the field. Ya know all those cool vids of the super cool major league planes. Well ya have to be pretty dedicated to create one of those for sure. Recently we all had the opportunity to see a really cool alpha jet in action. I'll never have one, but.... If I ever felt confident enough to have a minor league jet, ya know get the reference. Major league, Triple "A" minor league. Well check out this Gulfstream G650 in action. Ya can most likely set your hands for a ready to fly version for about 12K. It's just a Triple A jet, not quite the major league. But very cool just the same.

This company makes more than a few really cool model jets and others. Bring you're high rolling Credit Card.

Woody

Heck Woody.... I have that one sitting next to the F-14 waiting to maiden... And I have another one in the box JIC..... :Scared::Silly:;)

Comment

NICE!!!!!!

Woody

Comment

Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
        NICE!!!!!!

Woody
        LOL Not really, but I do have a bunch of planes in the shop!!! I like the Gulfstream, but not 12K worth!!! :-)

Comment

Yeah me too I couldn't get over how it flew it look just like a Gulfstream flying around I thought it was pretty impressive out of my price range

Woody

Comment

Originally posted by Hardway View Post

LOL Not really, but I do have a bunch of planes in the shop!!! I like the Gulfstream, but not 12K worth!!! :-)
            I'm not sure it would be that much, might be half of that. Ya know it weighs almost 40lbs. If ya watched the flight video, on the take off he comes very near a person standing on the side of the runway. Let me think 40 pounds, at about 60 -80 mph. Ouch for sure.

Woody

Comment

That will definitely leave a mark!

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                That will definitely leave a mark!
                That would leave several pieces if hit!!! The guy on the side of the departure end of the runway was taking video or pics.... Not a safe job for sure!!!! I see some pilots that do not respect the airplane flying... I have a lot of giant scale stuff, but getting hit with a 3lb foamy can be fatal.... One of our guys literally lost his head when not paying attention to a helicopter he was training a guy on. Looked away to have a chat, and the student lost it and it took his head almost all the way off... He didn't make it..... :(Sorry to be a downer, but **** happens.... I stay behind my brick mailbox when I fly the helicopters, just to have a shield...Point being, I fear the helicopters but will stand next to an active runway and never even flinch... Not smart....

Comment

I'll never look at RC Whirly Birds the same again. Never been much into those. It's funny after flying the real thing extensively, just got no interest in owning one. : ( I like to watch them fly though, some people are amazing with em.

I could see one of these planes being fatal for sure. Got to be careful.

Woody

Comment

Oh yeah i am always on edge when those are in the air. Mainly the 3D ones. If they loose a servo or anything i dont want to be anywhere near one of those. :(

Comment

Speaking of helicopters accidents, I was reminded of this warbird collision with a helicopter. It really made me despise stunt helicopters.

Comment

I do think there could very well be a market for a nicer Private jet like a Gulfstream. The current sole foam offering, the Dynam Turbo Jet kinda looks like a toy and its only powered by 2x64mm EDF.
                        Why not offer FW Gulfstream G650 or similar using the A-10's 2x80mm EDF power system.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dynam pirivate jet.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	157981

Comment

Originally posted by Evoman View Post
                          I do think there could very well be a market for a nicer Private jet like a Gulfstream. The current sole foam offering, the Dynam Turbo Jet kinda looks like a toy and its only powered by 2x64mm EDF.
                          Why not offer FW Gulfstream G650 or similar using the A-10's 2x80mm EDF power system.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Dynam pirivate jet.jpg Views:	1 Size:	94.1 KB ID:	157981
                          I think this would be a great idea. Few agree here. But if you didn't watch the flight video of the Pilot-RC Gulfstream G650, ya gotta watch it. I know it's a corporate jet, but watch it and tell me that is not a bad *ss jet. I'm sure if FW did it, it would be on par with some of their best flying jet models.

Woody

PS, A Lear Jet would be awesome too.

Comment

Originally posted by Evoman View Post
                            Speaking of helicopters accidents, I was reminded of this warbird collision with a helicopter. It really made me despise stunt helicopters.

Hard to say who had the right of way there. I don't hate em, But I do think fixed wing and helicopters should have their own distinct areas to fly. I signed up for 3 clubs last year, I'm not renewing the one that doesn't separate these two very different aircraft. This is one of the reasons I'm not renewing with that one among other things. But this is a big thing for me, both the other clubs have separate flying areas.

Woody

Comment

That would be cool in my opinion as well as there is 1 in each range.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Hard to say who had the right of way there. I don't hate em, But I do think fixed wing and helicopters should have their own distinct areas to fly. I signed up for 3 clubs last year, I'm not renewing the one that doesn't separate these two very different aircraft. This is one of the reasons I'm not renewing with that one among other things. But this is a big thing for me, both the other clubs have separate flying areas.

Woody
                                Yes i would rather have rc helicopters fly in a designated area if flying 3d just to keep the runway clear so others can fly, and if theres an emergency on either side, they both have equal chance to come down safe. I do not think if someone is doing any kind of 3d flying that they should dominate the runway keeping others from flying. Ive seen that from both sides, and neither is at more fault than the other. But that said there should be designated areas for 3d flight.

Comment

The original Gulf Stream II, came with the same engines that a BAC-111 came with. The BAC -111 was about the same size as a DC-9. So my point is, the G2 was seriously over powered. I've actually heard roomers of people accidentally going to fast, like sound barrier too fast. But ya know how roomers are. Now T22, I said it was a roomer, so we all don't need a lesson on airspeed here. But the person that told me this, I kinda trust, and the thing he was describing was a very aw *hit moment in the sky. The planes were, are very powerful. That Pilot-RC model really does it justice, would really like to have a FW variant for us common folk though.

Early Lear Jets, same thing, very serious performers. I believe a lot of planes like this when developed in the early 70's didn't really know how to size there engines. Thus the G2's having the same engine as a BAC. On these two jets especially, they seem to be way over powered. As a matter of fact I'd like to see a race between an A-4 and a Lear Jet or a G2. I'm really not to sure which one would win. I guess you could look it up.

Woody

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                    Yes i would rather have rc helicopters fly in a designated area if flying 3d just to keep the runway clear so others can fly, and if theres an emergency on either side, they both have equal chance to come down safe. I do not think if someone is doing any kind of 3d flying that they should dominate the runway keeping others from flying. Ive seen that from both sides, and neither is at more fault than the other. But that said there should be designated areas for 3d flight.
                                    I’ve been flying my Helis a lot recently, and unless I’m sharing the pattern with someone who I know and trust, I will only fly in a helicopter area with the airspace to myself, or if I’m the only one in the pattern. And that’s just for me flying scale. The 3D guys definitely need a good bit of space to themselves, both fixed and rotary wing!

Comment

Exactly brother, that is really all i really ask, its just for safety of all parties on the field.

Comment

Any type flying that tends to keep the model close in and over the runway (most heli flying, "3D"... whatever) will interfere with the people that want to do the big oval racetrack pattern with low passes over the runway.

Then there's the guy who wants to do essentially half-cuban 8's (5/8 loop and roll into a 45 deg dive) at each end, diving in for repeated high speed passes right by the flight stations.... that can lead to head on midair with the guy who is coming in for landing.

You can either:
                                        A: Regulate who can fly what in what way to death, leaving only racetrack laps at 200 ft minimum, specifying the exact radius of the turns and where you'll do them.
                                        B: Cooperate and communicate with the other people who are flying and use spotters who actually realize their job is NOT to watch your aircraft, but to tell you where everyone else's aircraft are, so you won't hit them.
                                        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Working...
                                        X