Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F-15C High Performance Build and Custom Paint

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-15C High Performance Build and Custom Paint

Hello Derek here, I have recently put together the 90mm F-15C high performance edition and decided to do a custom paint job and my first time to weather using an airbrush. The plane went together very easy, did have a trim issue with the dual elevators but moving the servo horn on the one side solved the problem. Painting was done right over the decals then decals were re-applied after the camo was completed. I brushed on 2 colors I had previously mixed up at Home Depot for touch up on the 70mm F-16 along with the base grey color already on the F-15. When that was complete I added the decals and weathering. The pilot is from Jet Hanger Hobbies "castle 5" 1/12 scale looks great in this jet. I will get a test flight done very soon, on board is the Eagle A3 Super so should be a smooth flight. Speed brake is mixed with full flaps to deploy can't wait to see that in action.

Very cool!!! Love it. I just unboxed mine the other day, but have had it for a long time!!! LOL Great job!!! :Cool:

Comment

• Tooeleflyboy
      Tooeleflyboy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you !

Nice job Derek looks great now it's my turn. That jet does fly well just landings are hot so try and use your air breaks. I would not link the flaps to your air breaks. You will find the airbrake does its job but can make it pitch nose up and lose speed. Also on take off if you need full flaps the airbrakes will make the take off use more runway and could cause a tip stall. But do not take anything wrong you earned the award for weathering pretty perfect better than I can do lol. Happy flying

Comment

• Tooeleflyboy
      Tooeleflyboy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you ! only problem is I do not have another channel available but I have lots of runway for hot landings.

Beautiful work, looks really great! Just got mine up today. Looks (and sounds) fantastic in the air. Keep us posted with the maiden!

Comment

Good Lord that looks Awesome!
      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Wow, great job! Looks fantastic!!
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Bet that looks good in the air

Comment

Looks great

Comment

Thank you all for the nice complements ! Still waiting for a maiden flight had 2 other jets go up first, the A-4 Skyhawk and the Phantom both great flyers !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Derek.motionrc View Post
                Hello Derek here, I have recently put together the 90mm F-15C high performance edition and decided to do a custom paint job and my first time to weather using an airbrush. The plane went together very easy, did have a trim issue with the dual elevators but moving the servo horn on the one side solved the problem. Painting was done right over the decals then decals were re-applied after the camo was completed. I brushed on 2 colors I had previously mixed up at Home Depot for touch up on the 70mm F-16 along with the base grey color already on the F-15. When that was complete I added the decals and weathering. The pilot is from Jet Hanger Hobbies "castle 5" 1/12 scale looks great in this jet. I will get a test flight done very soon, on board is the Eagle A3 Super so should be a smooth flight. Speed brake is mixed with full flaps to deploy can't wait to see that in action.
                That's beautiful mate. I had the privilege of watching one of these fly at my local club. Not sure it was stock though, thing actually sounded like a jet. This guy really new how to play the game. When he started it up, he never shut the EDF off until he landed and finished returning to the staging area. Man did he put on a show with that thing. It's on my short list.

You really did a stunning job on this mate. Be careful, that camo looks almost too good if you know what I mean. Looks like it would be very very effective. Best of luck!

Woody

Comment

Hello Derek here, I decided to do a custom paint job and my first time to weather
                  D.MRC, Absolutely gorrrrrr-geous.:Win: Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Finally got this beautiful bird in the air last weekend and what a great flier! Needed very little trim but I do not think I like landing with the speed brake open so my next flights will be just full flaps only and I will deploy the speed brake after landing with a mix of full elevator down to trigger it and see how that goes.

Comment

Finally got this beautiful bird in the air last weekend and what a great flier! Needed very little trim but I do not think I like landing with the speed brake open so my next flights will be just full flaps only and I will deploy the speed brake after landing with a mix of full elevator down to trigger it and see how that goes.
                      I'm dying to know Derek, Was the camo too good? : ) I love the look. I know more than one flying friends that have these. They all think this is FreeWings crowning achievement. It's on my short list. I liked the paint job on this one best of all the planes ya did.

Best Regards
                      Woody

Comment

Actually it was very visible ! I was afraid because dang the colors were such a dead match for the background but no problems. Really great looking in the air!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_33760.png
Views:	337
Size:	533.5 KB
ID:	171181 Russia has some awesome paint schemes to replicate. I’m going to do the same thing to one of my F-15s but blue splinter

Comment

Actually it was very visible ! I was afraid because dang the colors were such a dead match for the background but no problems. Really great looking in the air!
                            Derek, Bravo Zulu. She looks great. Best, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Thank you, Yes I even found a Japanese paint scheme that was killer looking.

Comment

Any flight info on this? I'm hoping for video. Still can't get over the scheme. It's badass.

Comment

It flies great ! I will see if I can get a camera man to go with me next time and get some video of it.

Comment

Working...
                                  X