X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fullback

Ever thought of putting the freewing fullback SU34 on your line up, seems no one has a nice Mig 29 out either. Both Amazing planes

RE: Fullback

Greetings Jetlag,

Don't know that I've ever heard of/seen that Freewing model.

How does it differ from the SU-35??

I'll need to look it up.

Clear Skies

Bill L.
    in OKla.

Comment

http://www.sz-freewing.com/index.php/products/ejets.html?view=product&cid=15&id=44

Comment

Greetings Jetlag,

I checked it out and it does look like a sweet flyer.

Thanks for bringing it up.
        Now, we'll have to wait and see.

Clear Skies

Bill L.
        In OKla.

Comment

Originally posted by jetlag
          Ever thought of putting the freewing fullback SU34 on your line up, seems no one has a nice Mig 29 out either. Both Amazing planes
          Just read all the reviews on this EDF Jet. Its been out since 2009, won many awards and is a beautiful model made by Freewing. Nice quality, right price point, amazing SU-34 twin EDF, thrust vectoring with retracts. Amazing amount of plane for the money. Reminds me of the hot Mirage 4000 that you cannot get your hands on anymore. That's ok, the Su-34 Fullback twin 64mm jet is available right now. Hopefully the retract type will not hold MRC from ordering this jet. It is a show stopper for sure. I still want two of them for my collection, but I want to buy it from a highly reputable dealer. That's MRC. Ok that's my two cents.
          "Smooth Wings"

Comment

We've tested this plane. Unfortunately the servo operated retracts hold us back because we feel there will be too many issues and too many upset customers due to the servo operated retracts. They are very finicky to adjust and will collapse if you don't constantly adjust them. Unfortunately the retracts will blow apart into many small parts if your runway is not smooth or your landing is poor. There is simply not enough real estate to accommodate a servoless retract. For this reason we have stayed away from this plane. We don't feel it represents the quality our customers expect or we expect. We may consider it in the future if enough people want it knowing they will be replacing retracts on a fairly regular basis.

Comment

Tom:
              Thank you for that valuable information. I will be doing all my business with MotionRC as a result of your excellent customer service. I will still be picking up that SU-34 Fullback and deal with the retracts in my own way. However, I have other planes I still want SU-35 and Raptor22 that you do carry and I will be purchasing them through your company. Thank you for your help. -- Robert "Smooth Wings"

Comment

Bringing an old thread back to life for a moment.

I really enjoyed my Su-34. I got well over 120 flights on my first one, with a replacement set of landing gear and a few landing gear repairs. I still have it and it would be flyable with about an hour of minor repairs.

I always tried to land it as if the landing gear was made of balsa wood. Considering its delicacy it held up.pretty well. Loved the look of the tandem mains. I had pretty good luck with it on short grass. It was possible to land this model at a very low speed, almost rubbing the tail cone on the ground and that helped preserve the gear.

Loved the extreme pich TV capability and general aerobatic ability. Being EPS, it was nice and light. Size was handy for transport.

I stashed back a NIB one back when BH closed them out for sonething like 160 bucks.

It was stored in a garage that got hot in the summer, so my guess is that the electrolytic caps on the ESCs are aged out and likely to fail quickly. Would be prudent to add new ones or just replace the ESCs

Might be interesting to install newer FW high blade count 64mm fans.

Anyone else still have a kit stashed back, or one that is still flyable?

Here my old one at DEAF in 2009, fairly newly purchased from good old Hobby Lobby (NOT the craft store)
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X