X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eflite Viper Review By Motion RC

Having watched the video review of this plane by the Motion RC fliers I am surprised that Motion RC will not be carrying this plane. Great flight review.

I assume the reason is that there are very similar planes already in your inventory?

I would love to carry that jet. The reason we don't carry it is unfortunately very simple. Our "wholesale" price for that jet does not allow any profit and in fact would cause a loss for every one we sold. I have a theory about why it is priced this way but I'll keep that to myself. I suspect most other E-Flite dealers will not carry the plane either for the same reason.

Comment

"Video not available". Is that the one that was done by Pilot Ryan and Capt. Mike? Are they even associated with Motion RC anymore?

Comment

does anyone know the tire size on the eflite viper

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
          "Video not available". Is that the one that was done by Pilot Ryan and Capt. Mike? Are they even associated with Motion RC anymore?
          I have been very curious about that as well. Looks like they have their own YouTube channel fired back up and are very active on social media now. They are also reviewing quite a few FMS EDFs. I am ASSUMING that James and Stuart coming on board may have eliminated the need for their review and build videos. While I am a big fan of what James is doing right now, I will REALLY miss seeing Pilot Ryan & Capt Mike's reviews of new planes. Their videos persuaded quite a few purchases I made. At least they are still going strong doing their own thing now so I can continue to follow them!

As for MRC not carrying the Viper, I am actually disappointed at Tom's response as I was hoping they didn't want to carry it to compete with their new 70mm 6s sport jet that is coming out very soon! But, I was really surprised at the pricing since PNP vs PNP, the E-flite is cheaper than its FMS counterpart and with the flaps already installed and with, what I think, a better looking paint scheme. I would love to be inside Tom's head right now for his theory on E-flite's pricing though!! :Not-Talking:

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

I have been very curious about that as well. Looks like they have their own YouTube channel fired back up and are very active on social media now. They are also reviewing quite a few FMS EDFs. I am ASSUMING that James and Stuart coming on board may have eliminated the need for their review and build videos. While I am a big fan of what James is doing right now, I will REALLY miss seeing Pilot Ryan & Capt Mike's reviews of new planes. Their videos persuaded quite a few purchases I made. At least they are still going strong doing their own thing now so I can continue to follow them!

As for MRC not carrying the Viper, I am actually disappointed at Tom's response as I was hoping they didn't want to carry it to compete with their new 70mm 6s sport jet that is coming out very soon! But, I was really surprised at the pricing since PNP vs PNP, the E-flite is cheaper than its FMS counterpart and with the flaps already installed and with, what I think, a better looking paint scheme. I would love to be inside Tom's head right now for his theory on E-flite's pricing though!! :Not-Talking:
            My guess would be that E-flite's "wholesale price" is near what the sale price is at Horizon, so to make any profit, MRC would have to charge more than Horizon's selling it for and probably would only have sales of units to desperate people when Horizon's out of stock. So why take up the warehouse space when they can offer us something new and unique like an OV-10 Bronco with retracts.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
              the E-flite is cheaper than its FMS counterpart and with the flaps already installed and with, what I think, a better looking paint scheme.
              Remember that whole controversy a couple years back about the Eflite Carbon Z T-28? Someone "in the know" hinted that it was made by FMS. His pee-pee got slapped hard but sometime later, the truth came out and it was admitted that indeed, FMS made that T-28. I'm guessing that this Eflite Viper comes out the back of the FMS factory but out a different door.
              You can buy directly from FMS and it's free shipping to almost anywhere in the world. Horizon had to do something to compete.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                Remember that whole controversy a couple years back about the Eflite Carbon Z T-28? Someone "in the know" hinted that it was made by FMS. His pee-pee got slapped hard but sometime later, the truth came out and it was admitted that indeed, FMS made that T-28. I'm guessing that this Eflite Viper comes out the back of the FMS factory but out a different door.
                You can buy directly from FMS and it's free shipping to almost anywhere in the world. Horizon had to do something to compete.
                Well I am well aware it is the FMS Viper repainted with a different scheme and E-flite stickers put on some electronics. Just still shocked it came out at a lower price with 1 extra feature. But, like you said, they had to compete somehow. Honestly though, Eflite does such a better job marketing, it could have come out a bit higher and still outsold the FMS one I think.

I wasn't around for the CZ T28 ordeal but heard rumblings about it later. Actually heard someone the other day saying FMS also made the CZ 150 but I have no clue if that is true.

Comment

Hey I couldn't get it to work , Try this one . Great looking plane … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH11JGjCy4o
                  But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
                    I would love to carry that jet. The reason we don't carry it is unfortunately very simple. Our "wholesale" price for that jet does not allow any profit and in fact would cause a loss for every one we sold. I have a theory about why it is priced this way but I'll keep that to myself. I suspect most other E-Flite dealers will not carry the plane either for the same reason.
                    Stopped by my local hobby shop today and he had both the PNP and BNF versions in stock. Price is very attractive for each one. $219 for the PNP and $249 for the BNF. It is a nice looking airplane and the BNF has the AS3X. Just can't see having another 70mm sport jet while I still have my Freewing BAE Hawk. That's one of my favorites and can't see this being a better plane than the Hawk.

Comment

Too bad MRC will not have Eflite Viper and I completely understand that decision. But, for sure I will buy two lipo batteries from MRC which will cost a bit more than half of the cost of the Viper. :Cool:

Comment

Finally got my hands on one of these. Wow ... it does not disappoint. I personally LOVE the color scheme! :cool:

Gear JUST coming up ...

Comment

I picked one up to use as a trainer for the F-14. I mainly got it because I fly spektrum and a buddy gave me a really good deal on it. Got about a dozen flights on it and I’m in love with edf jets. Flies great, really fast and slows down very well. Reminds me of an F-5 with that paint scheme for some reason. Really liking it, it has paved the way for a bunch of jets from motion rc for me.

Comment

I had my eye on this one for a long time and also really love the paint scheme. But, after seeing the way HH does business and their approach to MRC, I think I'll pass on it.

Comment

My buddy has one and I have flown it, indeed it's a fantastic little jet. HH not playing nice and the hanger here is near full so will pass but have had the finger on the button a few times. Fly's like a mini Avanti
                              rc flyin addict

Comment

Yup, not happy with HH latest practices. Got the viper for a great price, but still. I just got the F-14 from MRC and they have been a fantastic company. All my future jets will be coming from them. I flew futaba for many years and made the switch to spektrum when I went to 2.4ghz. When I decide to upgrade I’ll probably go back to futaba.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
                                  I feel you, I am in the business and as you know there is 40$ profit on the viper.....not worth carrying it on inventory. I would just order it if a customer wanted it.

Comment

Working...
                                  X