X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90mm F-16 Flaperons

Anybody know how to set up Freewings 90mm F-16 with flaperons? I am using Spektrum DX-9, and if this helps lower the t/o and landing speeds?
    CT

RE: 90mm F-16 Flaperons

I have the DX8 and under set-up, choose flaperons for the wing type.

Comment

Hi guys
      I use the DX9 radio as well on my F-16 you will need to unplug the aileron servos from the multi-connector and plug them into the receiver. 1 into ailerons and the other into flaps (aux1) then do flaperon in your radio.
      this is how mine came out
      Pos 0: 0%
      pos 1: -52%
      pos 2: -100%

I am going to add some up elevator mixing to help keep the nose up easier I will start off with 10% up on takeoff flaps and 20% up on landing flaps.
      the flaps really help this plane allot on take off and especially landing. Please note use only Take off flaps on your downward and final turn for landings. This will allow the ailerons to still give you enough throw so that you can turn the plane. Once you are on final then deploy the landing flaps, surprising enough you can still turn the plane for minor corrections. I Come off grass for the most part and it really helps with the takeoff flaps deployed makes it very stable.
      Hope this helps CST Brad

Comment

Originally posted by bradl4648
        Hi guys
         I use the DX9 radio as well on my F-16 you will need to unplug the aileron servos from the multi connector and  plug them into the receiver. 1 into ailerons and the other into flaps (aux1) then do flaperon in your radio.
        this is how mine came out
        Pos 0:  0%
        pos 1:  -52%
        pos 2:  -100%

I am going to add some up elevator mixing to help keep the nose up easier I will start off with 7% up on take off flaps and 11% up on landing flaps.
        the flaps really help this plane allot on take off and especially landing. Please note use only Take off flaps on your down ward and final turn for landings. This will allow the ailerons to still give you enough throw so that you can turn the plane. Once you are on final then deploy the landing flaps, surprising enough you can still turn the plane for minor corrections. I Come off grass for the most part and it really helps with the take off flaps deployed makes it very stable.
        Hope this helps CST Brad
        Thanks for the info. guys!
        CT

Comment

Working...
        X