You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coolest Pic of a Plane bought from MotionRC (90mm F16)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolest Pic of a Plane bought from MotionRC (90mm F16)

To start out, my father I both both LOVE MotionRC. The customer service is just top notch so thanks MotionRC for all the great planes and service. So I'm a flight Engineer on the C-5 Galaxy here at Lackland AFB San Antonio TX and we have a F16 ANG unit right next to my squadron that has one beautiful 65th Anniversary edition F16 painted with the squadrons Lonestar Gunfighters Scheme. Tail# 255. After showing my dad pictures of it he decided to paint his freewing 90mm F16 to match. And by match he knocked it out of the park. All the decals and paint came out perfect. So this week I brought it with me to San Antonio and was able to talk to the guys at the 149th fighter wing about getting pictures with their real Jet. Unfortunately the unit was only able to have their jet (Pretty Bird Tail# 255) painted this way for only 2 years due to AF regulations. But they did have a decommissioned weapons loading trainer F16 in the same scheme which we got some pretty awesome pictures of. I even got the Wing Commander of the 149th who's name is on the side of my dads model to pose for a few pics. Along with the gentlemen who actually designed the paint scheme. Needless to say it was an awesome experience which also led to a possible ride along in their 2 seater F16. Hope you guys enjoy the Pics.

Attached Files

RE: Coolest Pic of a Plane bought from MotionRC (90mm F16)

First off, THANK YOU for your service to our nation! And second, wow that is quite an exciting photo op! Thanks for sharing. Your father did an excellent job and I'm excited to hear about your possible backseat flight. Who did the decals on your Freewing F-16? Callie? Or were they also customized by your father?

Bravo Zulu!
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Wow just awesome, I missed my home state TEXAS .
      LOVE the LONESTAR scheme . Great job and awesome jets

Comment

Originally posted by RCcruz
        Wow just awesome, I missed my home state TEXAS .
        LOVE the LONESTAR scheme . Great job and awesome jets
        Every time I see one of these fantastic paint jobs, I just am in awe.  One of these days I will get this good or at least close to it.

Comment

Great paint job and story. Hope you get your ride. I was in the back seat of an F-15D over Norway back in 89 and loved it!. You will find out why pilots call the F-16 "Viper".
          Off with one helluva roar!
          AMA 1085465

Comment

Wow this is so exciting to see thanks for sharing and for the support you give us here at motionRC. I saw that e-mail you sent us and you blew me out of the sky with that color scheme,your dad has done. That had to of been exciting to actually get a ride in a F-16 that had to of been worth its weight in gold!! Anyways GREAT JOB and happy flying.
            Brad at MotionRC CS team

Comment

Working...
            X