X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Jet Bae Hawk vs L-39

Considering trying jets out and torn between these two. A friend who I trust dearly told me I can't go wrong with either. Fly Timber, P-51, P-47, Wildcat, B-17, T-28
    Planes
    -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
    -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Add the Freewing Avanti to your list .

Comment

I own both the Freewing Bae Hawk and the L-39.

Having said that, I highly recommend the Eflite Viper as your first EDF (I own the Viper also). I've taught 5 members of our club to fly EDF's with the Viper.

It's very easy to fly and has Safe in case you get in over your head (can happen fast with jets).

After you get comfortable with the Viper either of the other two make a great second EDF.

Vance
      Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

I agree with vdanger: the Eflite Viper as a first EDF. It has a great performance envelope--you won't believe how slow it will fly both with and without flaps...yet, when you wanna go fast...punch it and go up to a 100mph or so, very well-balanced, the AS3X makes it rock steady if there are any winds and/or thermal turbulence around. The Viper has really sweet flying characteristics throughout its performance envelope. And at $250 for a BNF safe-select...a real EDF bargain.

The guys at the club like it better than most of the scale heavy foamy EDFs for its flight performance from Takeoff, acro and touchdown. I've got 12 flights on mine and every one has been a joy! I just used SAFE for my first takeoff and landing, then every since has been AS3X only. Very easy to fly.
        The pic below was taken during a fly-by at the club Fun Fly last Sunday.

DB

Comment

I have both the Eflight Viper and the Freewing Avanti “S”. The Avanti was my first EDF and I think is a great choice but I would have to say the Viper would be even better for a first EDF. It is much lighter than the Avanti and will fly around all day at half throttle or do 100 mph if you want. It also slows to a crawl for landing and is easy to land. The Avanti has better gear for flying off of grass.

Comment

Working...
          X