X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F/A-18 Super Hornet - Landing/TO Trim

I've just gotten my first EDF. It's a 64mm Freewing F/A-18. It's a great plan to fly. It's very predictable and is a stable platform even in our windy So Cal days at Van Nuys.

I have noticed that there is a substantial difference between take off/flight trim and landing trim. Normally I find it to be about 4 clicks of up elevator. Is there a way through the radio (Spectrum DX6i) that I can set up a switch for that?

Other than that I've really enjoyed flying the F/A-18. It's got great response, it's an agile plane in maneuvers, and is very visible in the sky as long as I keep it in a bit. If I can just consistently nail the landings, I will be able to focus on aerobatics and hi-alpha.

RE: F/A-18 Super Hornet - Landing/TO Trim

Hello Roys, I've been flying the Royal Maces for over a year now. Yes, it is a very predictable EDF for a 64MM smaller jet for sure. I've always used the high alpha landing approach with mine. Actually, I can almost land mine in a 3 foot square. Most transmitter will allow you to add slight up elevator with a switch if you mix your Aux 1 or 2 with the elevator. So, when the aux 1 flaps is flipped on, you can y harness both those servos to that channel and just add slight up percentage. It always sounds more difficult when it's typed out than it actually is. Plus, my way of explaining it; is probably not very good. I hope it helps some!

Cheers, Matt  

Comment

RE: F/A-18 Super Hornet - Landing/TO Trim

Originally posted by starcop
      Hello Roys, I've been flying the Royal Maces for over a year now. Yes, it is a very predictable EDF for a 64MM smaller jet for sure. I've always used the high alpha landing approach with mine. Actually, I can almost land mine in a 3 foot square. Most transmitter will allow you to add slight up elevator with a switch if you mix your Aux 1 or 2 with the elevator. So, when the aux 1 flaps is flipped on, you can y harness both those servos to that channel and just add slight up percentage. It always sounds more difficult when it's typed out than it actually is. Plus, my way of explaining it; is probably not very good. I hope it helps some!

Cheers, Matt  
      That sounds good. I'll give it a try. Any chance you have a video of a high alpha landing?

Comment

Working...
      X