Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS F-15 64mm EDF - Nose Wheel Install?

Hello! I apologize for the new thread in relation to this question, but, after a forum search, I still could not find the answer.

I’m relatively new to RC - I’ve only had ultra micros to this point - but I recently picked up the FMS F-15 64mm PNP.

Based on the imagery attached, could someone please walk me through how to properly install the nose wheel? I can’t seem to figure out how it is supposed to fit inside the outer nose wheel control tube - the directions are a bit lacking, and I was unable to find a YouTube video or something to show me how in greater depth.

Cheers.

The diagram in the last photo is pretty self explanatory. Nevertheless, it involves loosening the set screw near the wheel shaft. The set screw near the fuselage holds that big cylinder to the steering shaft that goes to the interior of the nose where the steering servo linkage is. Just make sure that one is tight and leave it alone. Once the lower set screw is loosened, see the indentations on the wheel shaft? The indentation is what the set screw tightens up against. You might want to apply a little FoamTac to the threads of the set screw before putting it on. Wiggle the wheel as you tighten so that the screw settles squarely into the indentation.
    Which part of that are you having a problem with? The wheel shaft may have to be sanded a bit so it's smooth so it'll go into the hole. Your first picture shows that the lower set screw is already removed, so nothing should be impeding the shaft from going in unless there is a bit of filings from when the set screw hole was tapped. In that case, you may have to run a drill bit the same size as the hole (carefully) to cut the burr off.

Comment

Working...
    X