X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSD F-4

Anybody else see the new F-4 105mm EDF? I saw a computer rendered view of it today on Facebook. May be a little better sized for a turbine conversion. We weren’t very impressed with the F-16 as it seemed really heavy for foam and not very durable
    Attached Files

They seem to be better at computer generated pictures and one off prototypes than real aircraft.

Comment

Heard about this one. Seems that HSD needs to focus on finishing the T33 and the F86 then get thier support in order. Doing an F4 is a waste and a little late. There are better planes to bring to market like an F35, Sabb Viggen or Draken, Mig 17, F 100, etc etc

On the other hand, why buy planes if you have no support so this may be a mute conversation...

Comment

Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post
        Heard about this one. Seems that HSD needs to focus on finishing the T33 and the F86 then get thier support in order. Doing an F4 is a waste and a little late. There are better planes to bring to market like an F35, Sabb Viggen or Draken, Mig 17, F 100, etc etc

On the other hand, why buy planes if you have no support so this may be a mute conversation...
        Remember the 747?

Comment

Originally posted by Quickstop View Post
          They seem to be better at computer generated pictures and one off prototypes than real aircraft.
          Unless they are sandbagging, then from the CAD stage to available to purchase could be 12-24 months and I'd say the latter with the size of some of these models.

I have been so interested in seeing anymore of that 747. I just want to know what the price would be. No way they can fit that model in just one box. But I'd love to eventually see it at Joe Nall or another event as someone would surely pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Quickstop View Post
            I'll second that.

Comment

They are not choosing the right path to go to market

Comment

I think I’m giving up on anything HSD and going to ignore their premarketing hype. Just isn’t worth it. I’ve had three friends who’ve purchased their F-16 and all were disappointed in them. Their complaints included “heavy for a foamie” and “not very durable”. That’s only their opinions but add their very early videos and I’ve just lost interest. I’ll be glad to come back later if there are some changes.

Comment

As its been said they need to come up with better ways to market and sell their products. I was hoping that the F86 would be here soon but hey......
                  The HSD F16 can be very nice to fly, it is heavy and draggy, it is an F16 after all but if set up well and flown properly it will fly and land a treat.
                  my videos prove this.

Comment

I have a HSD F16 as well, took a bit of upgrades, aeropoxy the stabs, vertical fin and nose. Added a Cortex, it's ok but yes heavy and yet delicate...

Comment

Had two HSD F-16s...They are nice once dialed in but very heavy and requires an upgraded power system to match its weight. Love the size but the weight and obstacles made it one giant pucker-fest every single time. Still, I die hard so #3 may be in my future with the appropriate upgrades and driving her a couple hours away to a club with unobstructed land.
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-10-28 (1) Facebook(4).png
Views:	1385
Size:	312.5 KB
ID:	389118
                        BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

Awesome picture!

Comment

At least they paid some attention to the dihedral and anhedral in the F-4…….

Comment

Working...
                            X