X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is Your Favorite Freewing Jet?

I thought I would start a thread about people's favorite Freewing jets. I am curious what your favorite Freewing jet is and why?
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

The FW 90mm F-16 is my all time favorite, looks very scale in the air and on the ground, with the upgraded inrunner, it flies great, but I will have to say that the A-10 is a very close second.

Comment

F4 hands down.

Excellent performance(on 8s)

Good on grass.

Also had the F16 which was great in the air but was crappy on grass.

Comment

The 80mm A-10. As I mentioned in the Flightline thread...It's a twin!!! The FW A-10 is a great size yet still easy to transport. The flight envelope is incredible. With this bird, scale flight yeilds great flight times. The bird was designed very well and has great scale features and detail. The big factor for me is being grass friendly in an EDF as well.

Now, in all fairness, the Freewing Me-262 and 90mm F-22 have been added to the hanger. Both have yet to be flown. As nice as they both are, I suspect the A-10 will remain the fav....

Comment

Man this is a hard one...So many sweet Freewing offerings, especially the New Gen stuff over the past two years or so.

I agree, the A-10 is absolutely fantastic. Although the stock gear has given us issues with the bucking bronco effect if you don't nail the landing on pavement, it's still such a great jet.

The F-4 is amazing. Never thought I would see the day a scale, large, foam F-4 would fly so nice. Such light wing loading. Unbelievable.

The F-22 is a cupcake. Same as the F-4, very lightly wing-loaded. You wouldn't think so looking at it but it is.

I thoroughly enjoyed my 90mm F-15. Looks, amenities and flew like a champ. Nothing negative to say about it. The 90mm F-16? Looks great but thought it was too heavy. Maybe I am wrong and it has been a minute but from what I recall I struggled with that one. Has to land in a particular profile and speed or your are toast. At least that was my experience with it.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

F-14... it's just the best looking RC F-14 I've ever seen, and it's easy to work on, flies pretty well too!

Comment

90mm F22! I have been wanting a F22 in this size and quality for a long time. I am one of the folks glad it didn't have thrust vectoring but was a bit disappointed about the lack of lighting on it. I have yet to maiden this replacement one due to weather so I can only speak to the build quality and overall look.

As for ones I have plenty of flights on, I'd actually have to say my 70mm Bae Hawk is way up there. Flies really well and is very forgiving in the air. Just a fun jet to fly all around!

Comment

Ugh, the F-14 was the one jet I couldn't figure out. Had several issues with it...Could not land it clean to save my life. Really stripped my ego down, lol! Wanted to roll to the right all the time, no amount of trim seemed to help. Bucking Bronco landings nearly every time no matter how much I tried to land perfectly. I will never know if it's the model in general or that particular model that was flawed. Since most people haven't shared in these issues I assume it's the latter.
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

F-4. But there are so many in close second...

Comment

The F-4 with the drag chute mod... it really elevates this Phantom, love it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	40E4BE19-046F-4858-BB70-8DBBB4B5B584.jpeg
Views:	1011
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	184135

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
                      90mm F22! I have been wanting a F22 in this size and quality for a long time. I am one of the folks glad it didn't have thrust vectoring but was a bit disappointed about the lack of lighting on it. I have yet to maiden this replacement one due to weather so I can only speak to the build quality and overall look.

As for ones I have plenty of flights on, I'd actually have to say my 70mm Bae Hawk is way up there. Flies really well and is very forgiving in the air. Just a fun jet to fly all around!
                      Love the Hawk. I love the 70mm class because I can be a bit more dangerous with them with the cost of failure not being as high as larger ones. The F-22 flies exceptionally, but I fly it more cautiously just by nature.

But all that said, the Me 262 is favorite. What a beast and lands like a baby.
                      1. Me262
                      2. f-22
                      3. hawk
                      4. l-39
                      5. one of the next ones ;)

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	20161002_154504.jpg Views:	0 Size:	171.6 KB ID:	184165 I love the build quality and look of the ME262 but I have only a few flights on it, dreamed of having this one forever A++ she is a thing of beauty. Click image for larger version  Name:	20161002_154358.jpg Views:	0 Size:	149.6 KB ID:	184163Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture6.JPG Views:	0 Size:	45.5 KB ID:	184164Click image for larger version  Name:	20190216_170122.jpg Views:	0 Size:	209.1 KB ID:	184166
                        My Avanti , such a joy to fly, like a real plane really, so impressive inflight. The retracts so robust, over 50 flights with a partial grass field and I have not had to touch it. really hard to go to the field without this plane
                        rc flyin addict

Comment

1.L39 for looks and performance. Landing gear is great. No issues at all.
                          2.A10...lost to l39 because of gear problems and since I had to add cf tubes in nose while factory should’ve had included it.
                          3.F22...scale looks, good performance not as good as L39.
                          4.F4. Love the looks but required a bit of modification to strengthen elevator servo setup.
                          5. F14 love the looks and flies great but require a lot of programming. Sloppy elevator fit.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post

Love the Hawk. I love the 70mm class because I can be a bit more dangerous with them with the cost of failure not being as high as larger ones. The F-22 flies exceptionally, but I fly it more cautiously just by nature.

But all that said, the Me 262 is favorite. What a beast and lands like a baby.
                            1. Me262
                            2. f-22
                            3. hawk
                            4. l-39
                            5. one of the next ones ;)
                            Tease... :Straight-Face:

Comment

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	914
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	184222 1. For me, it's hands down the A-4. In particular the one I stretched into a TA-4J. Not as fast as the Phantom, harder to stay oriented making the approach turn, and I guess a little more challenging in general. But I just love it. I have three of them now. The TA-4J makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up when in goes by at speed.:)
                              2. Love the F-4 too. Just doesn't have the same personal connection maybe. It's one evil looking plane though. And what a nice flier.

Comment

Well, I have a few, plan to get a few more this year. I haven't assembled any except my 64mm ones. As far as flying, I like my 64mm Stinger. If you've flown it, you understand.

But my dearest Freewing Jet is my A-6 Intruder for personal reasons.

Woody

Comment

Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	914
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	184222 1. For me, it's hands down the A-4. In particular the one I stretched into a TA-4J. Not as fast as the Phantom, harder to stay oriented making the approach turn, and I guess a little more challenging in general. But I just love it. I have three of them now. The TA-4J makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up when in goes by at speed.:)
                                  2. Love the F-4 too. Just doesn't have the same personal connection maybe. It's one evil looking plane though. And what a nice flier.
                                  Nice choice!

Woody

Comment

I have so many and to pick one would be hard ....................... L-39, Avanti S, ME 262 ------ all of these are easy to fly, easy to land, impressive to look at in the air, makes all the right noises. However, if I could only have one, it's one that's no longer available and wasn't really branded a Freewing. It's the SebArt Mig 29, made by Freewing. In fact, when I heard it was discontinued, I found remaining stock and bought another one. It's a beautiful jet to look at, can do stunts, takes off vertically and lands on skids, so runway type not important.

Comment

Would have to say the Hawk is my #1. It's the only plane that is never left home when I go flying . It's fast and handles like a dream!

Comment

Freewing F16 70mm for me! .....is this the bit where I tell you I’m biased as it’s my first and only Freewing jet so far....ha!

Name:	05682336-76EF-4657-B5AF-E64485383CE4.jpeg
Views:	873
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	184967

Comment

Working...
                                        X