Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-18 Blue Angels AND F-18 Base Gray?

Hello Hobby Squawkers!

Our team had planned to release the all-new Freewing 90mm F-18C Hornet in Blue Angels markings first, followed by a Base Gray PNP version later this summer. However, based on some early customer feedback in the Official Thread asking about having a Base Gray version sooner, we're open to possibly having both available at the same arrival date. As always, we're happy to respond to our customer family's preferences, which is one of the reasons we opted to show the F-18 a little sooner than usual.

The Question is, would you prefer we release the Base Gray color at the same time as the Blue Angels?
    I would like to see both the Blue Angels and Base Gray PNPs made available at the same time
    78.21%
    I would like to see the Blue Angels made available first, and don't mind if the Base Gray is made available in the following months
    20.11%
    I don't care what color it is, I just want an F-18 yesterday
    1.68%

The poll is expired.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

The question now is will having grey ones at the same time delay the shippments of blues?

Comment

Originally posted by 4923crew View Post
      The question now is will having grey ones at the same time delay the shippments of blues?
      Good question! Thankfully, no, there is not a delivery delay in having one color or both colors available at the same time. We're just trying to gauge if there's enough customer interest to make it worth it for us to fast track the Base Gray version to be available at the same time as the Blue Angels. it's more a matter of organizing the current production lines, and so we're opening up some of that to customer feedback.

Reminder though, the poll is only open for five days, so the time is short to vote and weigh in.
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Perfect answer Alpha!!

Comment

A Gray version for sure would be of benefit to me. It's always nice to have the factory do the work on the base color for a great canvas to work on. I already have the scheme and decals ready as the base color is gray anyhow, so that massively helps. Thank you for asking and considering offering a gray version. This is one of the many things I like about Freewing and Motion RC.

Comment

I am more of a warbird guy so don't really care for the Blue Angels scheme.

However, I am VERY interested in base grey!

I can paint it myself, thank you!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181007_113633.jpg
Views:	1453
Size:	248.2 KB
ID:	186511

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170108_220404.jpg
Views:	1416
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	186512
            Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

so far it looks like it's full how interesting

Comment

Can I Vote twice? I am in Chicago Lol .... Not Eflite... and started out as pure freewing CAMO ! :-) Would rather not cover the Blue....
                Attached Files
                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                  Hello Hobby Squawkers! The Question is, would you prefer we release the Base Gray color at the same time as the Blue Angels?
                  Alpha, As previously stated, many thanks for asking the question now and potentially including all of us in your decision-making. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

I'm sure in will end up with both BA and grey version...so bring on the BA! I'll take my time detailing a grey one down the road.

Comment

Get both!!! now why didn't I think of that!;)
                      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

I can't wait!! Base grey for me please!!

Comment

The gray really opens up the livery possibilities and the airbrush is now in scope! Cant friggin wait!!!

Comment

BOTH! BOTH! BOTH! :Cool:
                            My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Really awesome y'all are doing this and including us peasants in the decision! :)

Comment

Blue and grey

Comment

Would love to see the gray version sooner rather than later. And preferably both complete and ARF+ versions too.

I need a gray ARF+ for sure.
                                  Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

Grey please!

Comment

I’m in for the gray version! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Good question! Thankfully, no, there is not a delivery delay in having one color or both colors available at the same time. We're just trying to gauge if there's enough customer interest to make it worth it for us to fast track the Base Gray version to be available at the same time as the Blue Angels. it's more a matter of organizing the current production lines, and so we're opening up some of that to customer feedback.

Reminder though, the poll is only open for five days, so the time is short to vote and weigh in.
                                        Gray, please! Thanks guys, for putting your customer's preferences into your decision making.

I'm definitely down for a gray one. Can't wait to get it in the sky.

I've fallen in love with the Navy F-4, so if this is anywhere close to the same quality of plane, I'll have 2 favorites :)

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                        X