X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avro Vulcan

Not sure if anyone has requested this one, but I'd love to see a good RC Vulcan if at all possible.  I don't know of any RC Vulcans in production anywhere, and it's hugely popular plane.  Probably easy to fly too with the de facto delta wing.  Maybe do a Freewing 80mm EDF version?  I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

Anyway, just a suggestion, but would love to see it!

https://youtu.be/2fNYhuKvQR8

Cool vid of the Vulcan if anyone is interested...

[img=270x180]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyBi2zB2N8CH7BlOXeVHIWVyDTst28F dbGr77XoJQDJIXszxfHww[/img]

RE: Avro Vulcan

I had a real close up view of one while on Midway Islands in the late 70s'. I got a great picture of the plane and crew. It is really something to see land and take-off.

Comment

Back a few years ago, aboard the USS Forrestal, I was a Plane Captain and was normally topside during flight ops. We heard the Air Boss call out to clear the flight deck as there was a Vulcan on final for landing. Saw this thing coming in and my first thought was to dive for a cat walk to avoid certain death. This airplane has a wing span that would take out the super structure and who knows what else. Typical Brits pulling this stunt, when they threw the burners to this airplane, right about the aft end of the ship, the climb rate was impressive for something that big. After a few high speed passes he headed for home base. Get to see some pretty cool stuff at sea, and this one ranks up with some of the best I have had the pleasure to witness.
      AMA 521691

Comment

I love the Vulcan. We would have to think about how to translate it to an RC plane.

Comment

Working...
        X