X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SU-35 TV and Ch setup

Hi all, new to the site, has any posts been written about setting up the SU-35 TV and the Ch that they go to and do you need Y cables and where do the go. I am using the ix12 and a 9ch rec.

There quite an extensive thread here: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...-70mm-12-blade
    But I don’t remember if anyone posted about setting up the TV. You can look over that thread if my answer doesn’t point you in the right direction.
    How you set it up will depend on what you want the control surfaces to do. The most basic and simplest way is to “Y” the ailerons and “Y” the elevators. However, if you want super maneuverability, you might want to have the two elevators separated so they can act like “elevens”, in which case, you “Y” each TV nozzle to each elevator on the same side. Then you need to do some mixing. Some will even want the ailerons separated and have those connected to each elevator and TV nozzle on the same side and choose wing type “elevon” or delta wing.
    For now, to keep it simple, let’s go with the first option where you’ve got the ailerons “Y’d” and the elevators “Y’d” so they work like a normal plane. Then you simply “Y” the rudder TV servo to the rudder and nose steering. You may need a servo reverser if one of these don’t move in the correct direction. Now, you want the TV up/down servos to act like elevens. To do this, you plug one into AUX2 and the other into AUX3 and make sure that you deactivate any control of AUX2 and AUX3 by any switches or knobs. Then you have to program a mix for each nozzle to respond to AIL and ELE stick movements. This involves 4 separate mixes - AIL>AUX2, AIL>AUX3, ELE>AUX2, ELE>AUX3.

Comment

Thanks for the info, read the thread and seen some interesting items to try. got the controls working with the Thrust Vectors except for the elevators TV's might have to Y the elevator to the TV?

Comment

Not knowing what you've done so far, it's not possible to comment on how you would get the ELE TV working. So, you've got them working in conjunction with AIL and RUD?

Comment

Well so far I used the normal wing configuration to access my aux setup to mix the AIL to AUX2 and AUX3 and ELE to AUX2 and AUX3. then move the flight sticks and the ELE and AIL worked like flaperons, so I reconfigured the wing to dual servo and flaperon wing type and the TV's work with the AIL's and all work fine. .Then I set mix1 RUD to AUX1 all work fine with the RUD's and TV's. But the ELE's and TV's did not work, ELE's worked but no TV's movement, so I guess I will have to use a Y cable on them.

Comment

You shouldn't mess with "dual servo". That likely confuses things. Are the ailerson "Y'd"? If they are, then you do NOT have dual servo or flaperon. Y-ing them together is the simplest way. What's plugged into AUX1? Since there are no flaps on this plane, you shouldn't have anything plugged into AUX1 but if you do, you need to INH the flap system and the mix is purely to allow the steering servo to be deactivated when the gear is up. The rudder servo on the TV should be ganged up with the actual rudders and the steering. It's the simplest to hookup. As for the AUX2 and AUX3, those just need to be mixed to AIL and ELE. The aircraft type should be kept wing: normal and tail: normal. Just keep playing with the numbers in the mixes till you get the correct response to each nozzle when you move the sticks. An easy way to do it is to be in each mix, move the stick to where you want it to be, THEN start changing the numbers till you get the correct movement of that nozzle. Do this for each nozzle for each of AIL and ELE. That's 4 mixes, each one with movement in two directions (in this case, up or down for AIL and ELE).
            If you want to do something fancy, then you will start to get into some more complex stuff but I think for now, you just want the nozzles to work right. Just curious, are you experienced in doing mixes?

Comment

Working...
            X