X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F/A 18 Hornet request: Please leave canopy UNGLUED

As many of us remove the canopy to mod the cockpit it would be so fine if, as the title states, it came from the factory unglued on this great Bug (and future releases too). It's not so much that a glued canopy is difficult to remove (though the forums are full of questions asking how to do it) but rather the damage done to the underlying foam which is a pain to repair. A little tube of glue supplied with the model would add very slightly to the cost but of course it's been done before with many kits. It's awesome that a poll is up regarding a grey version , that MRC and Freewing are so attuned to customer input, so I hope this little idea gets the :Cool:too!
    Tom

Actually that is not a bad idea for the base grey version as anyone who buys that one will be painting the plane anyway.

Also, they probably posses the skill and materials to glue on their own canopy.

It should also save Motion a few pennies in manufacturing cost!
    Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

I agree. :Cool:

Comment

Me three... either version

Comment

Thanks for replying guys. I hope more people chime in here and maybe get it done. Are you out there Alpha?
          Tom

Comment

We're always watching, especially with the Hornet which is why we revealed it a little earlier than usual to get feedback on customer's color preferences.

But frankly for any rework we need to get the sense that a clear majority is inclined toward a specific last minute change on the production line. A lot more voices would need to chime in before Tuesday for us to consider it a possibility.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
              We're always watching, especially with the Hornet which is why we revealed it a little earlier than usual to get feedback on customer's color preferences.

But frankly for any rework we need to get the sense that a clear majority is inclined toward a specific last minute change on the production line. A lot more voices would need to chime in before Tuesday for us to consider it a possibility.
              I prefer all canopies to not be glued at the factory, so I can customize the cockpit.

You don't have to add a bottle of glue... I know of several common glues that work fine to hold a canopy on an airplane.
              Its better for people to use a glue they are familiar with.
              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

I agree as well:Cool:

Comment

Alpha, thanks for the reply, and insight.
                  C'mon guys, you heard him, we need "a lot more voices"!
                  Tom

Comment

Is that a lot more voices about color or canopy??

Comment

I hate to be the only naysayer but I’d much prefer to have mine glued on at the factory.

Comment

Naysayer
                        LOL
                        Tom

Comment

We're always watching, especially with the Hornet which is why we revealed it a little earlier than usual to get feedback on customer's color preferences. But frankly, for any rework, we need to get the sense that a clear majority is inclined toward a specific last minute change on the production line. A lot more voices would need to chime in before Tuesday for us to consider it a possibility.
                          Alpha, I thought the 'survey' was the input required; however, I vote to add 'Grey' as a color option in the first release. As for the canopy, "To glue or not to glue, that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in the hobby to suffer the tenacity of kit-glue, or to take arms with spatulas and Xactos against a sea of foam' and by deed gouge it?" I vote "No Gluing Required at Mfr." Best, LB
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

If you require more voices In this thread versus in the "voting" one then add one for : unglued canopy and non attached decals. Both of these actions are very easy to complete and also add a little "modeling" to the equation. Elbee, I have found the kit glue tenacity on my models to be decidedly lacking.

Would be a leap forward if someone could develop a factory added, cost effective method to provide a plastic (or other means) sharp edge to all hatches and their mating surfaces.

Comment

Working...
                            X