You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 Channel BlitzRCWorks Thundercat RC EDF - Any experience with is jet?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Channel BlitzRCWorks Thundercat RC EDF - Any experience with is jet?

I just picked up a 4 Channel BlitzRCWorks Thundercat RC EDF at a swap meet a couple weeks ago. Took it out for a flight and was really impressed how ell it flew with a 3s1300 battery. I am told it will work on a 4s but want to see what other pilots might know about it.
    Thanks
    “I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.”

Hoban “Wash” Washburne
    Firefly/Serenity

Hi Plhetter, the Thundercat is one of those "oldie but goodie" airplanes in my book. I had a couple back in the early foam EDF days and they were fun to fly, especially with such a unique shape. As far as using it on 4s, I never tried that on the stock setup because I immediately swapped out the stock setup for something from the amazing but now defunct Don's RC. I used one of his hotter 3s setups, which flew the aircraft excellently without adding a lot of weight. Look up the power system in your current Thundercat, and research if it's the stock setup or perhaps the previous owner upgraded it. Either way, you'll want to know if the motor/EDF/ESC can handle 4s before you plug in a 4s battery, so research first.

In general, I would recommend keeping the Thundercat light. As a nimble delta, lower weight will contribute to easier hand launches, lighter wing-loading, more predictable handling especially during extended banks into a headwind, and easier landings. Weighing a delta down will make it faster in a straight line, but you'll sacrifice portions of those other categories of flight characteristics.

Down the road, if you feel like modifying something on the Thundercat, look at reducing the oversized intakes. That will net you an aerodynamic boost without adding cost or weight.
    Have fun!
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thanks Alpha
      I enjoy listening to you on the RC Afterhours when you a guest. There is a youtube video from a RC shop claining it can take a 4s. The 4s 1300 I have for my FT wing is a little wide. But this guy suggests the Thundercat will fly better and faster with a 4s. One thing i discovered that this jewel skips like a rock on water when you belly land. You really have to plan ahead when you want to land. I got it for $20, thought it was a good find for the cash.
      “I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.”

Hoban “Wash” Washburne
      Firefly/Serenity

Comment

Working...
      X