Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dynam 262

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dynam 262

how much flight time to expect? landed at 1.5 minuts just to b sure but walk of shame req only 4000 pack at shis stage i will add lots of heat in it fuuuuunn to fly will 6000pack fit and or too heavy

With appropriate batteries,

3 min full throttle.
    up to 5 min of mixed throttle setting .
    7 min at max conservation (running touch n goes without ever going to high throttle)

I ran mostly Zippy 4400 mah and 5000 mah 25C packs. Wore out 2 of the 262s Appx 2 years each flying 5 flights a week average.
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Note: There's no path for cooling air in the fuselage without modifying the airplane.

I drilled out the gun ports to be ram air inlets, carefully carved foam to let air pass around the battery, then cut an air exit in the belly behind the wing.
      The battery comes out cooler and that will improve battery lifespan (number of charge cycles)

I also cut "windows" in the heat shrink on the ESCs to expose the majority of the aluminum plate heat sink so they could cool better. (careful not to take too much or the heat sink falls off...)

Use some 3M grey automotive double stick rim mounting tape to hold the ESCs in position to ensure the heat sinks don't end up against the foam to insulate them.

Comment

Hi again . I think the battery is stuffed!!!! I charged it last nite. And bench tested . Less then a minute .half throttle . Will try new one. Have cut holes and put in guns. At front looks cool . Will let u no

Comment

yeha new battery and magic ,,, 3 minuts ...while u guys r sleeping ~~~i will b flying !! cya 4 now

Comment

can anyone tell me if freewing me 262 gear will fit the dynam 262??

Comment

There should be little to no issue since they are the same scale.

But I got a set of all metal retracts plus machined aluminum struts from Hobby King. Not sure if the exact same set is still available.

Not finding the same set... there is one that is close but I have to measure to see how close.

Comment

i was thinking of the steering im sure its possable ,,,,,,freewing stuff looks real nice,,,,,,,,,,,,it flew like a trooper 4 minuts with new 4000 pack have nice night ,,,and not much heat

Comment

Working...
                X