First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dynam me 262

has any one put flaps on this' plane

doesn't need them
    You'll add weight and complexity for marginal effect at best.
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

thanks again .u would no.. freewing has them,, like modify

Comment

sorry . i like to modify

Comment

What fhhuber said, not needed. R.
          AMA 424553

Comment

I'm the one who modified the Dynam for in flight adjustable horizontal stab incidence... If you want a mod that does some good, try that one, along with pushing CG back to where the servo wires take a corner just outboard of the nacelles.

Comment

ill need help ther. no idea

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	In flight adjustable stab.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	190816

Comment

It needs 1/32 aircraft plywood plates on the fin to act as bearings for the OEM CF tube to be the pivot.

A slot for the added wire that you see attached with screws and landing gear straps. There are blind nuts inset and glued in from the top, then touch up the paint.

The servo I used was a "mini" digital with metal gears, stronger than the ones in the Freewing 90mm sizeF-4 Phantom. Possibly overkill, but I didn't get measurements of how much load was on it.
                  Current closest to what I used is the Hitec 5245

With the CG correction, neutral horizontal stab is 1/4 inch leading edge up at the fin from OEM incidence. Give it 1//2 inch up and down range of movement (again, leading edge of horizontal at the vertical stab).

CAUTION. With the CG change the airplane can do 3/4 loop from a standing start if you slap the throttle to full, using the OEM EDFs. You need to build speed and elevator authority as you slowly apply more throttle.
                  It gets off the runway sooner with the modification not needing as much speed before you can get the nose up. Do not let it take off too early. Dial the LE of the horizontal up just a bit from the above recommended "cruise" neutral for takeoff.

This is the way the full scale performs also. I had a good discussion with the pilot of the Collins Foundation's ME-262 reproduction. They can not apply full throttle until after the aircraft has built up well past takeoff speed. They have to adjust the horizontal stab based on airspeed and power setting.

Stall recovery requires reducing throttle or rolling inverted for a Split S.

Add some toothpick "pins" to back up the OEM mounting of the fin as well as gluing it in The glue holding the plastic pieces onto the fin let loose from the fin after a bit over a year of flying it several flights a week.

The mod makes it faster and more aerobatic, but less forgiving.
                  The CG change lets you hold the nose up at lower speed which means when it stalls, the stall is more likely to become a spin.

You can find my review on Motion's website.

Comment

wow now im nervous ,, will read thru it couple times .... to get with the program, im assuming this is 4 quicker takeoffs,,, more manuvering?? havnot come close to stall . and slowed it to crawl thismorn , 4 land ing

Comment

a guy on motian review,said he flys this plane'' on 2' 3000 4 cells,, 4 more flight time ,, sounds good to me.. is it as simple as y peice 4 escs and 1 battery 4 each esc????

Comment

The mod was to make it more like the full scale and to make it capable of an outside loop.

An outside loop is still pushing it because of the low slung EDFs opposing the elevator. You have to apply full negative horizontal incidence and full down elevator. Be ready to roll out and abort it, while putting the horizontal stab back to what I refer to as cruise neutral position.

Comment

u have been doing it a while!!!!!!! no increased run time?? do uhav aircraft background???or just rc

Comment

Just hobby level studies for stuff I wanted to do.

But hobby level for some is different than for others. I have a stack of my father's old magazines from 1936 to 1945 and they get into designing and hand carving propellers, structural calculations to make your model stronger and lighter, and other things that are not seen in the RC magazines any more.

I always set my ESC's LVC very conservative so, while the changes should result in longer flight time its hard to compare to others because of how early the LVC will trigger. Also I have been using low C rated packs compared to most other people.

Comment

night owl senior cool...its only 8 pm ish here ... if ya going to do something do it to your best...most younger ones ,, im not that old 53 ,, but they dont realize every calcuation , formula maths problem etc geomatry stuff,, was formed 50, 100 or 200 years ago slide rules etc now a key on computer .. i havn t got into programming esc yet,,, sure i will

Comment

Working...
                              X