Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti edf

9 blade or 12 blade, which is better on the Avanti. Thanks

I Like the 9 blade better. More efficient; a bit faster with no major sound difference. :Cool:

Comment

I have the 12 blade, and it's fantastic. I have the 9-blade 90mm F-4, and I think a 12-blade fan sounds better. Probably pulls more amps, but I'm getting plenty of flight time and a ton of performance.

Comment

I agree with wolpertinger. My Avanti Red with the 9 blade fan performs just as good if not better than the 12 blades with no significant sound difference.

Comment

Originally posted by rhatcher5 View Post
          9 blade or 12 blade, which is better on the Avanti. Thanks
          Look at this link for more EDF stuff., https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...edf-efficiency

I read it a couple times and it will cause you to drink or start.:Silly::Confused:

Comment

I have flown a yellow Avanti a lot (12 blade) since it came out, it is one of my favorite planes, fast and precise, a good combination. Yellow isn't really one of my favorite colors, but it is easy to see. Recently a friend of mine bought the new red Avanti (9 blade) and I test flew and set it up for him. Both planes fly and sound great, but the 12 is faster. Although I landed both after about 3.5 to 4 minutes, I would assume that the 9 would be a little more efficient. As I fly the red one more, I will report any difference later. But right now I would say the yellow is faster but the red one is better looking and may fly longer.
            Ron - AMA 1025

Comment

I've got about 20 flights on my new yellow one now, and it's really growing on me. I think it looks and sounds fantastic. Even getting good comments from onlookers.

either way, probably can't go wrong.

Good luck and enjoy!

Comment

Working...
              X