Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Proper CG for Freewing F-16

Hello.
    Apologies in advance if my question was asked previosuly and perhaps many times. I am new to forum.
    I have a Freewing F-16 and would like to get the best CG. It seems very difficult to get the proper CG. I measure my CG with my retracts down, and the plane upside down. Even when using different CG apparatus and I have slightly different CG.

This is my question:
    1. The manual recommends 90mm for proper CG. Is this correct or what most people follow based on experience?
    2. The recommended Admiral 6S Lipo weighs 642 grams, I have an HRB 6S 22.2V 4000mAh 60C Lipo that weighs 596 grams. Since it is lighter, do I move it slightly forward or backward?
    3. Maybe a link, discussion or video to help is also appreciated.
    Thank you for any help extended!

Since you didn’t say, I presume you are talking about the 70mm F-16 and not the 90mm one, based on looking up the CG and battery for those planes. I have had both sizes of these planes and still have the 70mm version. I stayed with 90 for the CG and the plane flies fine, however, you need to play with it by moving the battery fore and aft a few mm at time to see how you like it. I balanced mine upside down, gear up because that’s the way I like to do it because I want it balanced for the way it flies most of the flight - gear up. Most people trim their planes for neutral, “hands off” flight during normal flying, NOT trimmed for take off or landing. However, some people prefer to balance gear down. It’s your choice.
    If your plane is balanced with a particular battery and you go to a lighter one, then the battery has to move more forward to achieve the same balance. Remember your high school physics lessons about levers and fulcrums? (Hint: the CG is the fulcrum.)

Comment

Originally posted by Sireb View Post
      Hello.
      Apologies in advance if my question was asked previosuly and perhaps many times. I am new to forum.
      I have a Freewing F-16 and would like to get the best CG. It seems very difficult to get the proper CG. I measure my CG with my retracts down, and the plane upside down. Even when using different CG apparatus and I have slightly different CG.

This is my question:
      1. The manual recommends 90mm for proper CG. Is this correct or what most people follow based on experience?
      2. The recommended Admiral 6S Lipo weighs 642 grams, I have an HRB 6S 22.2V 4000mAh 60C Lipo that weighs 596 grams. Since it is lighter, do I move it slightly forward or backward?
      3. Maybe a link, discussion or video to help is also appreciated.
      Thank you for any help extended!
      The 70mm freewing F-16 is very forgiving on the CG, 90mm gear down is good to go.
      do your self a favor and cg it right side up its less sensitive on the cg machine, as I said its forgiving.
      Delta's have a wide cg range so when you get used to it and want to start doing high alpha you can start moving the cg back to get good nose high alpha.
      dont over think it go at 90mm or very close and enjoy it.
      its a good flying plane.
      now go kick the tires and light the fires :Cool:

Comment

Working...
      X