X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90mm - T-45, F15, Or F16???

Making a move up to the 90mm EDF's and I am torn as to which one I should get first.  I have read the reviews on all and all are very positive and I am excited about getting one, just not sure which one I should start off with.  We fly from a short grass field and have a pretty good and long runway.  Currently it is underwater due to the excessive rain we have had this year, but will be back flying again the first part of next year.  Looking for input as to which is the most durable for the grass runway and the easiest to fly and land.  Not looking for speed as I am into more scale than speed.

I currently have an F-5N Tiger Swiss version and a Dynam ME-262.

Any comments and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

RE: 90mm - T-45, F15, Or F16???

I have the F-18 and T-45. They both fly very well . If you fly the above planes, then either of these should not be a problem for you. It looks like the F15 and 16 are good flyers as well based on the reviews. I supposed it depends what you want from the plane. The T-45 is really great and this would be my first 90mm. Let's hope you get feedback from other members.

Comment

Originally posted by Pheonix
      I have the F-18 and T-45.  They both fly very well . If you fly the above planes, then either of these should not be a problem for you.  It looks like the F15 and 16 are good flyers as well based on the reviews.  I supposed it depends what you want from the plane.  The T-45 is really great and this would be my first 90mm.  Let's hope you get feedback from other members.
      Thanks for your input, I like them all.

Comment

Originally posted by kenswa
        Originally posted by Pheonix
        I have the F-18 and T-45.  They both fly very well . If you fly the above planes, then either of these should not be a problem for you.  It looks like the F15 and 16 are good flyers as well based on the reviews.  I supposed it depends what you want from the plane.  The T-45 is really great and this would be my first 90mm.  Let's hope you get feedback from other members.
        Thanks for your input, I like them all.
        I have all three and I think the F15 is the better all around bird hands down. I have the 8s set up in it and it is definitely worth the upgrade. 

Comment

I actually had a 15 minute chat with one of the guys at motion the other week about which one to get amongst both the F-15 and the T-45. I had my heart set on the F-15, but wanted to ask to be sure. The nice thing about the T-45 is the landing gear is pretty robust, granted all the 90mm jet landing gears are good. I think what I liked the most about the T-45 that I didn't initially know was that it has slats as well. This is nice as it can slow the plane down a lot and since I don't have a long runway. I know these don't stop as fast as warbirds, but I was told by the guy at motion that you can land the T-45 with about half the distance that the F-15 takes. I don't think you could go wrong with either the f-15 or the T-45. From what I hear the F-16 is a little bit more of a snappier plane. I guess it really comes down to what you want. Also the visibility on the T-45 is really nice with the red and white instead of just a solid color of grey. I still plan to get the F-15, just got to make sure I can sneak it into the room!

Coot

Comment

I love all my children but the F-15 has a special place in my heart. A close second place is the T-45.
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Short grass is nice. I love the t45, I do think that the suspension may be so good that it makes it hard to rotate. If the grass indeed is short you will probably be ok. The F15 looks to do well off of grass although I have yet to get my hands on one.

I know that I personally think the Stinger 90 is a good choice for first 90mm jet. It has a very wide and forgiving envelope. Rock solid slow flight, cruise and speed. Very predictable on approach with great character on the ground. Robust gear and a light loading allow it to get off in short order as well.

Let us know what you decide.
              Ryan

Comment

Where does the tomcat measure up in your lineup Alpha?

Coot

Comment

Working...
                X