Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flight Viper Maidens w/multicam in Australia

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight Viper Maidens w/multicam in Australia

First Jet owned and had been very apprehensive about flying it after bringing this aircraft 3 days ago from California.
    Absolutely perfect in every way...a dream to fly.....so, here it is, using various camera angles for the in-flight experience

Amazing video and flying. Considering a viper because i know the SAFE
    select will help level the plane. Already fly Turbo timber with safe on during
    start and landings. Love the look on the Viper:)

Comment

Yes a wonderful Jet as is the elite F15 and my new Avanti S which I flew for the first time this week (see video posted) awaiting the FMS YAK 130 V2 too be delivered. Regards bellairvideo
      Last edited by Bellairvideo; Nov 24, 2019, 06:04 AM. Reason: added text

Comment

Your going all in on jets:)

You are also a much better pilot then me, i'm sure.
        I started in april 2019. and have
        since been flying my Turbo timber, most with safe on.

Do you think i can handle the Viper with safe? It’s a lot
        faster then my Timber. I’m planning these lipos:

Buy RC battery packs online at HobbyKingAC for the lowest prices. Zippy Compact batteries are great for drones, planes and RC hobbies. A great range of Lipos.

will they fit in the Viper?

And finnaly, i have two 2800mAh 3S lipos i wanna use in series as 6S. Are
        the lipos to big in mAh?

Comment

Originally posted by Nikom View Post
          Your going all in on jets:)

Do you think i can handle the Viper with safe? It’s a lot
          faster then my Timber. I’m planning these lipos:

Buy RC battery packs online at HobbyKingAC for the lowest prices. Zippy Compact batteries are great for drones, planes and RC hobbies. A great range of Lipos.

will they fit in the Viper?
          And finnaly, i have two 2800mAh 3S lipos i wanna use in series as 6S. Are
          the lipos to big in mAh?
          I have the 64mm jets from Motion, the F-8 and F-105 to say I had a "jet" but I thought of the Viper as my first real jet since it's reasonably fast, has retracts and flaps. It will be a step up from a Timber so I would recommend you have someone else who is a good flyer do the maiden to trim it out for you. That way you can concentrate on actually flying the plane. As soon as I got the gear up I would pull the power back to 50% or just a tad lower and you'll do fine with SAFE on. Give yourself a little extra room to turn but the Viper isn't as bad as some planes on SAFE. I got the F-16 after the Viper and it takes twice the room to turn as the Viper on SAFE. My biggest recommendation is after making a couple of circuits, see how slow you can get it. Drop the gear and flaps then slowly back the throttle down until you see a slight decent with the nose level. That's your landing speed. Don't touch the throttle, let it settle and right before touchdown slightly pull the nose up to put the main gear down first then cut the throttle all the way. You'll be surprised how slow the Viper can fly. To me, it's the perfect beginner jet. It has all the functions of the bigger, faster ones, but in a package you can handle.

The downside is you're going to have to invest in 6 cell batteries. Forget about combining two 3 cells. I haven't measured it but I don't think two would fit or balance. Another option though is the Arrows RC Marlin. It's a good looking plane, reminds me of the Avanti. It's priced very well and flies on 4 cell batteries. It's a lot less to get into than the Viper. While I like the plane and have one, to me it's too light. I don't feel comfortable in anything more than a light wind where I am in the Viper. If you think you'll eventually want bigger and faster, you're going to have to get 6 cell batteries so it might be good to start now, a little at a time. I've flown the Viper with 3300, 4500 and 5000 Admiral batteries without any problem. All fit and balance well. However the Admiral 4000 Pro is too big, I can't close the canopy. For me, the batteries weren't that big a step since I had already started down that road with the bigger warbirds (Corsair and Spitfire) so the jets give me another option for the batteries. But it is an investment.

I've really enjoyed my Viper and fly it every time I go to the field. It was a good first jet and prepared me to fly other jets. Since then I've gotten the Horizon F-16 (not as fast as the Viper), the Motion Hawk and most recently the Motion L-39. I don't think you'll go wrong with it when you're ready to move up,

Comment

Thank's for your input on the Viper. I decided to wait a little with the Viper jet but did purchase two 6S lipos along with some 3 and 4 cells lipos from Hobbyking. I now have two 6S for my next christmas Viper jet and got me the Hobbyzone Aeroscout for this chrismas.
            I really wan't to learn to fly without safe on so this should be the perfect trainer for the summer of 2020:) Happy new year over there in the "heat" from a cold moisty Denmark.

Comment

Working...
            X