Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing F16 70mm

Hello all,

Have any of you tried the 12 blade 6s upgrade on the Freewing F16 70MM Thrust Vectoring jet? If so is it worth the upgrade?

Thanks

RE: Freewing F16 70mm

What are you hoping to gain with the upgrade? Speed, then no. Efficiency gains (more power out for any given amount in), then no. Less whine (noise), then yes.

What else are you willing to change in the power system?

All the best,
    Konrad

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad
      What are you hoping to gain with the upgrade? Speed, then no. Efficiency gains (more power out for any given amount in), then no. Less whine (noise), then yes.

What else are you willing to change in the power system?

All the best,
      Konrad
      I was also willing to upgrade the esc to >100amps and the motor with the recommended 6s version.

Comment

Is this what you are thinking about?
        http://www.motionrc.com/freewing-70mm-12-blade-edf-6s-power-system-w-3065-2200kv-inrunner-motor-blue/#description
        It gives good low speed thrust.

Again we don't know what you hope to accomplish with the upgrade.

I'm usually looking for added speed and noise reduction. I like the 9 bladed WeMoTech Evo with the HET 2W -27.
        It is a good compromise over the 6 bladed set up, at the cost of some efficiency and a lot of money. But heck its a hobby so damn the dollars full speed a head!

All the best,
        Konrad

Comment

ss028, in addition to the tips the others have said, I would ask if you already have a 6s battery, to ensure your 70mm F-16 will CG properly? It would be a shame to spend the time and money to install a 6s power system, only to find that the 6s battery cannot physically fit and/or obtain CG. For the Freewing 70mm 12B setup in question, we recommend a minimum 6s 3300 40c+. The system requires a 100A ESC.

As Konrad said there are other powerful systems like Wemo or Jetfan, albeit at greater cost.
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

How many watts will the Freewing 70 mm on 6S pull in a typical installation?
            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC
              ss028, in addition to the tips the others have said, I would ask if you already have a 6s battery, to ensure your 70mm F-16 will CG properly? It would be a shame to spend the time and money to install a 6s power system, only to find that the 6s battery cannot physically fit and/or obtain CG. For the Freewing 70mm 12B setup in question, we recommend a minimum 6s 3300 40c+.  The system requires a 100A ESC.

As Konrad said there are other powerful systems like Wemo or Jetfan, albeit at greater cost.
              Alpha,

Thanks for bringing up the point about the battery fitting. I only have a 6s 4000mah so I will check next time I am at my LFC to see if anyone has a 6s I can use to see if it will fit and cg.

Thanks,
              Sam

Comment

Working...
              X