X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XB-70 Valkyrie

I would love to see freewing produce an XB-70. Any size would be great, but the bigger the better! Maybe twins 80s would be reasonable? I missed out on the original toy sonics 70mm model, and have been looking for one ever since. It is one of the sleekest, and most incredible looking aircraft produced, and I know freewing would do an amazing job. Jackscrew actuated folding tips would also be really cool to see in flight.

RE: XB-70 Valkyrie

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53029&highlight=xb-70
    Can't find his 2 inch or the one another guy did with a pair of 50mm EDFs (but i know they were done with similar construction method)

Its going to be a fairly large (long) one by the time you stick on any EDF...
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

RE: XB-70 Valkyrie

It truly is an amazing aircraft. I have been to the USAF museum in Dayton to see AV-1 many times.

Comment

I would put that in the similar class as a Concorde...Beautiful elongated fuse, delta wings....Nice.
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Stick 4 of the FlyZone L-39 setups in it, each on a bifurcated duct (so that you have 8 nozzles). Man that would be sweet!
          Pat

Comment

I agree Mike, a twin 80mm XB-70 would be awesome! I've flown Toysonics' Valkyrie years ago and loved it, now hanging in my garage.

Since I know you're an aviation history buff, here's an exclusive photo I took for Col. Joe Cotton in the cockpit of XB-70 AV-1 back on May 4, 2000. We spent an hour conducting an oral history interview in that magnificent aircraft and it was one of the greatest days for my life. Col. Cotton is a dear friend and I'm forever grateful to him for that once in a lifetime opportunity. The photo is soon to be published in a book by my dear friend, Aviation Artist/Author Mike Machat, titled 'Painting Aviation's Legends' available mid-April, link below to pre-order. I saw an advance copy and was blown away. A must of any aviation history fan.

http://www.amazon.com/Painting-Aviat...5760005&sr=1-3

Fingers crossed on the Twin 80mm XB-70A Valkyrie!

Comment

Tony, that is awesome! Quite an incredible man in a incredible machine. I will have keep that page bookmarked as a future purchase, I'm sure it will be well worth it. Just need to let my wallet recuperate from the back-to-back release of the Flightline P-38 and Durafly Spitfire... In the mean time I will continue waiting for a twin 80 XB-70, and single 80mm F-106 :)

Comment

Working...
              X