X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F14 soup-up from 80 to 90-105mm EDFs?

Has anyone tried to stuff 90mm or 105mm EDFs into the Freewing F14 Tomcat? Just had to ask...
    Topcat 3

Well, not one answer in 3 years, I guess folks don't do much modifying of the Freewing F-14. Mine is now painted in "Black Bunny" VX-9 Squadron livery, complete with non-PC Playboy Bunny logo on the tails. I'm also, besides the thought of installing 90mm fans, been goofing around with a few more ideas (Ah, the travesty!) of a canopy without all the framing in front of the pilot seat for a better FPV view, sequentially operating spoilers like the actual aircraft, thrust vectoring, and a few more things I'm going to keep mum about until I've played around at the workbench with working mockups of. It's still one of my favorite military aircraft, and we've finally had the new "Maverick" movie sequel release! Haven't seen it myself just yet but it's getting pretty good reviews, regardless of the special effects used, which I've noticed over the years can flat out turn some people off the moment they hear a movie uses any. Got slowed down a bit, old problem with my right leg due to "high speed lead poisoning" from back in the day. Kinda bummed me out when combined with the Covid scenario. Found out years ago Goretex was originally meant to be used to replace arteries & veins, not for use in "breathable" rain gear and such. Who'd a thunk! Good part is, there are plenty of great "plumbers/pipefitters" at the VA medical center. As the saying goes, hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    Topcat 3

Comment

Originally posted by O Boat View Post
      Well, not one answer in 3 years, I guess folks don't do much modifying of the Freewing F-14..
      I put 80mm FMS Pro units in mine, along with the ESCs and BEC from the FW MiG 29. It is a LOT livelier than a friend's who has the stock fans.

Comment

Working...
      X