X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binding

Hey guys. Noob here. Just plugged in my F18 for the first time. Red light and steady beeping. Trying to bind. Receiver not flashing so can’t bind. Any ideas?

It may help if you explain what receiver, and radio system you are using.

Comment

Ya I guess it would. It’s the Admiral DSMP stabilizer with gyro and a Spektrum DX8 G2

Comment

Try a different bind plug.
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I sure am a noob. I guess it’s suppose to beep. It’s my ESC beeping. But no lights on the receiver. Just a red light on the UBEC board?

Comment

Comment

Hi Andy, I notice, from the picture, that the third wire from the right is yellow. I see every other one being orange just wondering if that could be a problem. I have found that all you need is the wire from the ESC in the receiver to bind, then put the rest in afterwards. Just guessing, but hey, it's got to be something!!

I had a similar incident with a buddy's plane. We had a receiver and an external gyro and we just couldn't get it to work. Turns out one of the wires, right out of the box, was bad. Put a new wire in and it worked fine.
              I gather you know the basics to binding. Battery plugged in with the bind plug installed in the receiver, hold the bind button down then turn on the radio. I hate to say that because if you're flying jets, you obviously know this.

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

In your second picture, I can see your power lead (the one with only 2 wires and is wrapped around the green ferrite ring) isn’t plugged in. If this is the way you’re trying to bind the RX, it’s got no power. Yank out one of the servo plugs, put the power lead in (with proper polarity), bind it. Once bound, take out the bind plug, yank out the power lead and plug it into the bind port, then put back the servo lead that you pulled out to accommodate the power lead for the bind procedure.

As for the yellow lead, it looks like it’s got “rudder” tag around it and it also looks like a “Y” (twin leads). Have you removed the tail rudder and steering servo from the blue box and “Y’d” them together and shoved that into the RUD port?

Comment

Plug in that red and black wire and you’ll be all set.

Comment

Finally got it boys! Thanks for all the info. Yes it was the wire from the ESC. With the green ring. Failed to bind the first time because I was too close to receiver with transmitter. Moved back 10 feet and bingo!!!! Thanks again. I got some adjustments to make. LOVE the landing gear. Now just waiting for my trainer.

Comment

XVIPER, no I never split the wires. It came pre installed like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                        XVIPER, no I never split the wires. It came pre installed like that.
                        Hmmm, I'll be flying mine again this weekend. Will have to take a close look at it. Mine is still using the blue box, so only one lead to the RUD channel (I think).

By the way, if you ever use that kind of RX again and need the 7th ch., just "Y" the power lead (with the green ring) to ANY of the other ports. I pick one that's used the least while in the air and is (to me) one you "could" do without if it should fail and that's the tail rudder.

Comment

Ok. I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks.

Comment

ten feet? what the heck, might as well do a range check on the meantime

Comment

Originally posted by MrVoyagerx View Post
                              ten feet? what the heck, might as well do a range check on the meantime
                              That’s the way it is with many Spektrum BNF and some Lemon RXs. It’s just the binding that is problematic if too close. Once bound, in all but a few rare cases, the TX can be right next to the plane when hooking up the battery.

Comment

gotcha

On Futaba FHSS protocol its about two feet, the one thing it sometimes does that if too close once bound setup, the servos glitch. When doing flight check if too close the servos skip when sending commands, but only happens when extremely close and w some FHSS receivers. Place it on the ground and taxi no problems, and fly well no brownouts.

At the field senior pilots state is sometimes the strong signal output from the Tx the receivers have diffoculty handling.

Comment

Originally posted by MrVoyagerx View Post
                                  At the field senior pilots state is sometimes the strong signal output from the Tx the receivers have diffoculty handling.
                                  That's possible but it could also be that with some brands and types of RXs, being too close could put the RX in the TX's "cone of silence". Sometimes, on those "pesky" RXs, I can get away with being close if I point the TX's antenna a certain way. I stopped guessing which way is best, so I just walk into another room when I hit the bind button. Works every time.

Comment

Generally I get Spektrum to bind with the TX 3 to 4 ft from the model with the 2.4 ghz WiFi router in my house turned off.

The router will prevent binding, but does not interfere when testing control functions.

We are getting more and more 2.4 ghz stuff in our houses and in our neighbor's houses. Look at all of the WiFi signals your cell phone is picking up.
                                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Just talking to an old pattern friend of mine yesterday who flys the 12 channel Spektrum power safe receiver and found out something interesting that may be of value to those who are having trouble binding Spektrum Rx. He mentioned that with three or more sattelite receivers you absolutely have to have one plugged into the "A" channel to be able to bind. You can unplug the other three or less receivers but you have to maintain the :"A" channel to be able to bind. Hope this helped those who are having trouble binding.

Comment

I get that silent dead spot on certain 3rd party FHSS, not w Futaba brand rx,but for 1/5 of the cost, I dont mind keeping that distance, which only happens when am two feet or less.

Comment

Working...
                                        X