X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFA P16 from Freewing/ready2fly

This Beautiful rc fighter plane was due to be launched during 2015 when, unfortunately, ready2fly Company folded. The P16 was presented during a rc Event during a German rc event back in 2014 and was flying fantastically. What many people do not know is the fact, that the P16 was the forefather of the famous Learjet. Bill Lear junior has test flown the P16 in the early 60's in Switzerland and was very impressed with it's stability and sturdiness. He had pulled hard on the stick and later went on to say that any other plane would not have endured such an abuse (the P16 had a permissable load factor of 13!!). Lear decided to take over basic design Features from the P16 and started a Swiss-American Company in Switzerland where the development of the Learjet began. A year later or so, Lear decided to build the Learjet in the USA, pobably also beacause the main market for such a business jet was there after all.

Following a recent enquiry it came out that Freewing still have the casting forms of this formidable flyer. Obviously, they needed a minimum order of around 500 to start production again. How do you guys out there see the prospects for such a P16, perhaps also for the foam parts only or as an ARF kit?

Youtube: JetPower 2014 - news ready2fly
    Wikipedia: FFA P16

An FFA P-16 would be really great. An impeller jet with good lever conditions and a nice aerial view. But as a Swiss I may be biased. I would prefer the model as artf, but also a kit or only the foam parts would be ok.

In the video, the flight looks good. The model is equipped with a 90mm impeller. I would be really happy if the model went into production.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FSA_7717.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	208282

Comment

Originally posted by duc900 View Post
      An FFA P-16 would be really great. An impeller jet with good lever conditions and a nice aerial view. But as a Swiss I may be biased. I would prefer the model as artf, but also a kit or only the foam parts would be ok.

In the video, the flight looks good. The model is equipped with a 90mm impeller. I would be really happy if the model went into production.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FSA_7717.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	208282
      Thanks for the Video (I didn't know how to upload it myself)! It is indeed an outstanding flyer as we can see, with loads of unique Features such as double Wheel undercarriage, flaps reaching under the belly as well as speed Brakes! Must be the best super scale foamy ever.

Comment

Working...
      X