X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing lippisch p13 64mm edf jet

I recently bought this jet but facing some issues with it.
    After handlaunching (full trottle and nose slightly up) it rolls to the left and crashes.
    I have to say that it is my first edf plane.
    Some advice is welkome.
    Thanks
    Rudy

"P15", right? It needs a strong throw. Launch at full throttle but wait 1 or 2 seconds so it has time to spool up completely before you let go. Doing so while it's still spooling up can create a torque roll. If it still rolls left, be ready to apply right AIL or have someone else throw it for you so you can be ready. Lastly, mix in a little UP elevator ("reflex") on the gear switch (or some other 2-position switch) so it holds attitude better. About 3 degrees is enough. As soon as the plane is flying and under control flip the switch or it'll keep climbing. Once you get that first launch out of the way and have the opportunity to trim it, the next flight should be much easier OR you can give it a little right AIL trim (maybe 4 to 5 clicks) before the next attempt.

Comment

Welcome GW. xviper has given good advice! Good luck. It is a fun plane! Jerry

Comment

xviper, thanks for the advice.
        I will try it when all is repaired as even the edf unit came loose after the last crash.
        Rudy

Comment

Working...
        X