Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bae Hawk 70mm Nose gear compatablity!!!

Hey guys, I crashed my 70mm Bae Hawk. I had just installed the upgraded suspension. The mains are fine but the nose gear is damaged. Only two pieces of the nose gear though. Motion does not sell the Bae hawk main gear separate on the website, only the complete kit. But they do sell individual nose gear listed for other models as well as just lower assemblies and individual parts.

I'm sure more than a few of you have just about every freewing jet in your collection. So my question is, what other models use the same "wheel fork" and "pivot collar" as the 70mm Bae hawk 6S? Pics show exact parts I need.

thanks, Ted.

These peices all look to be the same as far as design. But with no specs listed I dont know if the dimensions are the same for the fork and collar.

Comment

Have you looked at the 70mm F-35 V3's nosegear?

Comment

Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post
        Have you looked at the 70mm F-35 V3's nosegear?
        Yes, that's another one that looks like the peices would work. But without the specs listed no way to know. That's why I posted this thread. I was hoping somebody had these jets in their collection and could compare them for me.

Before posting here I opened a help ticket with Motion RC asking for thier help in finding compatable parts. They were completely unwilling to help. I mean they did not even try. And the single sentance response I got was a false statement about their own website. I wont go into detail but I have no confidence in their customer service now. I have placed 7 orders with them and so far my orders have been correct and shipping was pretty quick for coming across country. I just hope I dont have any major issues on future orders.

I am pretty happy with the freewing planes. Some minor quality stuff here and there but nice scale jets for sure. Anyways, I gave up and ordered the whole set of landing gear. and the ARTF Hawk. So I will have a flying red arrow hawk again.

Comment

Found this on HobbyKing, length to axle is 111mm (4.4") - https://hobbyking.com/en_us/alloy-ol...bber-tire.html

Comment

Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post
            Found this on HobbyKing, length to axle is 111mm (4.4") - https://hobbyking.com/en_us/alloy-ol...bber-tire.html

nice find. Thanks for posting it.

Comment

The f5 nose gear is a perfect match its only $15. You do have to make the hole in the trunion a little bigger ( if you are replacing the stock chicken leg gear)

Comment

Originally posted by cashmoneybrother View Post
                The f5 nose gear is a perfect match its only $15. You do have to make the hole in the trunion a little bigger ( if you are replacing the stock chicken leg gear)
                Thank you very much. I appreciate you Sharing the info.

Comment

The freewing 70mm F-16 upgraded nose gear is exactly the same as the freewing 70mm Bae Hawk upgraded nose gear. And the F-16 nose gear can be purchased separately unlike the Bae hawk gear that is only available as a full set.

Comment

The f5 gear works too.. U have to enlarge the hole in the trunion

Comment

Working...
                    X