X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YAK 130 PNP Discontinued?

Hey, Aeros or someone from Motion....the awesome YAK 130 PNP has been discontinued? Really?

Not according to MRC website.

Comment

I'm not sure if you are referring to the 70mm Yak 130 or the 90mm Yak 130 so I'll answer for both. The 70mm Yak 130 is NOT discontinued and will not be discontinued any time soon.
      The 90mm Yak 130 is a different story. The 90mm Yak 130 was originally designed by the now defunct "Ready 2 Fly" in Europe. When they want out of business, Freewing was left holding the bag so to speak so they changed the plane to a Freewing brand plane. To be frank, Ready 2 Fly went a bit overboard on the 90mm Yak 130. While it is a beautiful jet, the 90mm Yak 130 was over engineered (a bit on the heavy side). With a 6S, it flew like a pig so we decided to discontinue the 6S version and make an 8S version. The 8S was much more acceptable since it had more power. Along the way, Freewing also made a red sport version of the 90mm Yak 130 and we received complaints from many who purchased the red plane because it did not include a weapon set and did not include magnets with the pylons for the optional weapon set. To make it worse, the price was the same as the gray version that did include the weapon set so we decided to discontinue that red 90mm version because we knew customers were not happy with it. That left only the 8S gray 90mm Yak 130 in production. The gray 90mm Yak 130 is no longer popular which made it one of our lest popular jets and no longer in Freewing's best interest to continue to manufacturer it in such low volumes. We have a few ARF+ left in stock in both colors and we've moved the 8S PNP to our discontinued section. The 6S version has been gone for a while. That said, Freewing does have some stock of PNP 8S 90mm Yak 130 planes and a ton of parts left so I can order some again should someone be interested. I don't have any on order at the moment.

Comment

I would be all over another 8s Grey if it were available. I almost ordered another from overseas today.

Comment

Right, the YAK 130 90mm inrunner 8s version is so cool. Too bad it was notpopular. Otherwise, Freewing/Motion is doing a fantastic job of making us difficult to deal with RC people happy.

Comment

Wow, didn't know this jet was discontinued, to bad, it is a great flyer and with the new 1835kv on 6S it flies great, I can loop and roll no problem, takes off nicely and landings are so easy, to bad to see another one go, along with the Eurofighter.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
              Wow, didn't know this jet was discontinued, to bad, it is a great flyer and with the new 1835kv on 6S it flies great, I can loop and roll no problem, takes off nicely and landings are so easy, to bad to see another one go, along with the Eurofighter.
              I've been trying to locate a Eurofighter for a long time. Would buy a couple.

Comment

Originally posted by FiscalJackhammer View Post

I've been trying to locate a Eurofighter for a long time. Would buy a couple.
                I think they are all gone by now. I'm still flying mine, 3 yrs old and still going strong.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X