Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gooniac33
    replied
    I put the Xfly unit in my plane and it has transformed the plane... I can actually putt around at 1/4 throttle and the plane doesn't want to fall out of the sky! Its part throttle performance is incredible now and I don't need full throttle hardly at all anymore! Flight times have increased as a result and its just much more enjoyable to fly! Still using stock esc and either an HRB 6s 50c 6000 or CHNL 6s 30c 6200. Over 4 mins flight time for my flying style...

Leave a comment:

• SLR
    replied
    I had some elevator horns 3D printed. Much more secure than the stock setup.

Leave a comment:

• DForbes
    replied
    Also wanted to verify Flap to Elevator travel. Many on RCG have stated they are setting Elev at 5mm from Neutral. Is the parting line the neutral point? I put a bubble level on my Elev and it is exactly 5mm from the parting line? Is everyone adding an additional 5mm or would my setup be correct?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Flap.JPG Views:	0 Size:	95.1 KB ID:	260119

Leave a comment:

• DForbes
    replied
    OK, read pretty much the whole thread and also watched Ryans setup vid. Hoping someone could validate the following setup.

I am thinking setup as follows?
    - RT 6S 4400 70C
    - CG at 90mm?
    - 4mm up Elevator from neutral?
    - 50% flaps (per manual) 10% Elev Mix?
    - 100% flaps (per manual) 15% Elev Mix?

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    Originally posted by PhantomNut View Post

Hi, Who did you order from?
    I was lucky enough to order direct from FMS before the shipping woes got in the way. I have more video from this past weekend and will share later

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    Scale Master is that a skunk in the dog bed? BTW, outstanding looking livery. You sure earned your nickname with this one!

Leave a comment:

• PhantomNut
    replied
    Originally posted by Crick3t View Post

I just put the fms 2100kv fan setup in my eflite f18 and exactly as gooniac33 said way better now. More power all around. Better takeoff, vertical, power, everything!

The 80$ doing the fms fan/motor swap is worth every penny. It's a totally different jet now!
    Hi, Who did you order from?

Leave a comment:

• Crick3t
    replied
    Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

I just upgraded to the new FMS 2100kv fan. Drop in easy fit and perfectly balanced! I added a UBEC just to be safe but am using stock esc. The plane feels considerably better now!! Off the ground much faster, steeper climb and higher top speed!! Its simple and somewhat cheap considering too!

I just put the fms 2100kv fan setup in my eflite f18 and exactly as gooniac33 said way better now. More power all around. Better takeoff, vertical, power, everything!

The 80$ doing the fms fan/motor swap is worth every penny. It's a totally different jet now!

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    Originally posted by Crick3t View Post
    Has anyone upgraded this to a 90mm fan?
    I just upgraded to the new FMS 2100kv fan. Drop in easy fit and perfectly balanced! I added a UBEC just to be safe but am using stock esc. The plane feels considerably better now!! Off the ground much faster, steeper climb and higher top speed!! Its simple and somewhat cheap considering too!

Leave a comment:

• Crick3t
    replied
    Has anyone upgraded this to a 90mm fan?

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    Man the bird above is gorgeous!! WOW!!

I have had mine for a while and love it! Just needed to make some changes to keep it in the air! A few people have has issues with the servos coming loose... so after replacing a bad servo I did a quick mod to help keep them in place...

Leave a comment:

• John Bergsmith
    replied
    Originally posted by Scale Master View Post
    Just finished a couple of weeks ago my second scale job on another one of my F-18D. She's nice and weathered in this one
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4763.jpg
Views:	919
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	226034

Name:	IMG_4764.jpg
Views:	956
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	226035

Name:	IMG_4765.jpg
Views:	946
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	226036

Name:	IMG_4768.jpg
Views:	880
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	226037

Name:	IMG_4776.jpg
Views:	1013
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	226038

Name:	IMG_4751.jpg
Views:	897
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	226039
    Looks fantastic!

Leave a comment:

• Scale Master
    replied
    Originally posted by Alpha View Post
    Very nice weathering work, Scale Master ! Subtle, thoughtful, really well done!
    Thanks Alpha!!

Leave a comment:

• Alpha
    replied
    Very nice weathering work, Scale Master ! Subtle, thoughtful, really well done!

Leave a comment:

• Scale Master
    replied
    Just finished a couple of weeks ago my second scale job on another one of my F-18D. She's nice and weathered in this one

Name:	IMG_4763.jpg
Views:	919
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	226034

Name:	IMG_4764.jpg
Views:	956
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	226035

Name:	IMG_4765.jpg
Views:	946
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	226036

Name:	IMG_4768.jpg
Views:	880
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	226037

Name:	IMG_4776.jpg
Views:	1013
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	226038

Name:	IMG_4751.jpg
Views:	897
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	226039

Leave a comment:

• John Bergsmith
    replied
    The Eflite F-4 didn’t come with a RIO which was sort of strange, but easily fixed.

Leave a comment:

• John Bergsmith
    replied
    Originally posted by vduniec View Post
    Don’t sweat it too much. An empty seat in the back is going to be the norm soon enough.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...ith-pilot-only
    I heard about that earlier this year. Don’t think that’s going to happen as fast as they think.

Leave a comment:

• vduniec
    replied
    Don’t sweat it too much. An empty seat in the back is going to be the norm soon enough.

Leave a comment:

• John Bergsmith
    replied
    I put 3 more flights on the Hornet yesterday. Great flying airplane, that looks great in the air. Landings are easy, and very scale looking as well. Very nice jet all around, Eflite did a solid job.

Only thing I need to do is add a weapons officer in the back seat. Not sure why they left him out.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Alpha
    replied
    John Bergsmith Thanks for your maiden report and CG confirmation! That's always helpful information. Nice picture, too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X