X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hangar 9 F22 Raptor

Some guy shows up at the field offer some prop jet he is trying to get rid off. I had just purchased a a Pawnee and a J3 Cub, so I was done w my jobby money for the month. As always, my curiosity once again took the best of me.

Turns out to be a Hangar 9 H22 in mint condition ARF, all servos and original .46 Evo under powered engine.

Took it home, receiver, adjusted throws to my liking and installed a well deserved OS .55ax, modded muffler baffle for better flow, set cg, new rx batt, bench test and to the field.

Some minor clicks, and it was tracking like an arrow, running it on 10% Omega fuel. Am still working on getting comfortable with the jet, can do usual loops, rolls, low and high speed passes is where this jet shines.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20191020-WA0005.jpg
Views:	1128
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	219192Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20191020-WA0006.jpg
Views:	1001
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	219193

What surprised me was how well maintained it was after all these years, 2008 when he bought it, and al he asked was $85 and that someone gave it well deserve fly time as he barely did as he was learning how to fly.

That looks sharp! 'Reminds me of a Jackal I had several years back from Hangar 9, which howled nicely as it went by.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Nice find! My Hangar9 F22 Raptor is set up Electric and it zooms nicely.

I am sure that Glow powered setup will make is zoom great as well as I see a larger Glow Engine and 2-blade propeller.

Comment

Just recently, the high powered Electric Power System developed an issue on the motor magnet and thereby got some more reliable Electronics onboard.
        I can honestly say that I almost changed out the motor (Emax BL3526/04) a 860Kv motor with very good specifications that allows up to 5-Cells (18.5 Volts nominal), however, I found a few articles on how to glue back in the lose Magnet from the rotor (rotating bell housing) that contains all of the rotor's magnets.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...-71QEmCs4mYerR

This was possible because after careful disassembly I found ZERO damage inside the motor and inspection was possible using 30X times magnifying glass (Hand held). The Stator's windings at ALL Poles looked great and sounded great on subsequent test run.

After allowing the Gorilla "Clear" Glue to cure all of it's 24-hours as specified per instructions the motor test looked and sounded very good, like new. I am sharing a few pictures of my model's issue with this motor and I will be now going to fly it with the GForce Elite Series 4-Cells, 4000mAH, 30C Lithium Polymer packs.

High Res Pics!
        Hangar 9 F22 Raptor Glow-To-Electric Conversion

Video Showing - AVOIDING DISASTER (Loose Motor Magnet!)

Indeed, I was very lucky to discover the lose magnet on my EMax BL3526/04 (860Kv) Brushless Outrunner Motor. This motor was designed and rated for up to 5-C...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1_01_26_2020_436cde279118df4e50c6cd701341c791afde25be.jpg
Views:	617
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	252297One tiny pic....

Comment

I took out the .46 and installed a O.S. 55AX on 10% glow fuel. It does behave and fly scale, approach is just like a real jet, w a nice cool flare.

I barely fly it, is one of my shelf queens, besides that lately the weather has not given us a good landing pad as it is all grass, a section taken from surrounding corn fields.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
              That looks sharp! 'Reminds me of a Jackal I had several years back from Hangar 9, which howled nicely as it went by.
              You mean one of these

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X