X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti retracts...

I just got my Freewing Avanti jet and I'm in the process of setting up the radio, control throws etc. I have everything working great except for the retracts, nothing happens. If I plug a servo into the retract channel, servo works no problem, so it's not the radio. It's a Jeti DC24 btw. Anyone else have this issue or am I missing something?

Originally posted by HPiorun View Post
    I just got my Freewing Avanti jet and I'm in the process of setting up the radio, control throws etc. I have everything working great except for the retracts, nothing happens. If I plug a servo into the retract channel, servo works no problem, so it's not the radio. It's a Jeti DC24 btw. Anyone else have this issue or am I missing something?
    Plug the retracts into a servo tester and try them. If that doesn’t work them then they are defective since you’ve already tested the circuit with a servo.

Comment

Originally posted by HPiorun View Post
      I have a Jeti as well (DS-16). I know this sounds obvious, but it's easy to miss the following below if a model was copied and the channel assignment was different from one plane to another, etc.:

- How are your servo assignments and functions set up?
      - Did you make sure that specific retract channel allows a full range of -100 to +100 in the transmitters menu Servo Setup?

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately I don't have a servo tester, but if I plug a servo into that channel and flip the switch it works just fine.
        T-CAT I checked all that 100+ 100-. I also set up a new model so nothing was copied. I just don't get it?

Comment

Hmm, have you tried assigning the retracts to a different channel in the radio and receiver (if you have enough channels left) and reassign the functions, servo setup, etc. to correlate with it?

Maybe some screen shots of the various screens that shows how you programmed it in the radio may help people diagnose the issue. It may be something simple in the programming.

Comment

I got the nose gear to work when I unplugged it from the board and plugged it directly into the receiver. I will have a fresh look at it in the morning.

Comment

That's definitely worth looking into, have all the retracts go through the receiver and skip the board. If you decide to use the board for the retracts, I'd unscrew the wing electronic boards and see if the servo leads are plugged in properly to the wing board connection. I've had some of mine not seated properly at that wing board from the factory.

Comment

Yes indeed, and that would be a design change I would do for all freewing, make the covers attach with screws instead of glue. So maintenance wouldn't need to cut off the covers but instead just unscrew and replace whatever you need with minimal damage.

Comment

So I finally got it working, although I have no idea what the problem was. The nose gear worked when I bypassed the board and plugged directly into the receiver. So I took off the wing and unscrewed the little circuit board on the wing root, unplugged the gear and plugged straight into the receiver, still nothing. So removed the gear from the wing and took it apart, had a look inside, everything looked ok? Screwed it back together and it worked!! So hopefully when I put everything back together it will all work. Doesn't instil a whole lot of confidence in this gear though, lol.

Comment

I've had that happen on occasion with different airplanes. My E Flite Spitfire is great for that, you have to play around with the tightness of the screws, other wise its a no go. Can't say why, but I know, way back when, OV-10 explained it, perhaps he'll pop in and reiterate.

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. Anyway, got everything put back together and it all works! I'm thinking maybe the one gear was jammed up and keeping all the others from working? I don't know...as long as it works I don't care.😎

Comment

Working...
                      X