X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL-37 converted to US Navy P-8 Poseidon

P-8 is a 737-800 Max with 737-900 wings. Mods: engine exhausts, weapons bay, wingtips, blisters, antennas, pitot tubes, GPS and satellite antennas, Harpoon missiles, Mk65 aerial mines, generator exhaust, fins, wide array radar. Behr paint, Callie Graphics, Spektrum receiver, 6000 mah batteries.
    Attached Files

Very awesome build. Even down to the torpedo bombbay.
    I also wanted to make such a bird since Ming’s windrider had come out years ago but life had other plans. Now that that’s more under control... I hope to be able to build a bird like yours, I still have the graphics from Callie that I ordered. So long post short may I ask for help guidance on the tips for the bay or the stl files for printing. Have a Prusa and have been able to get it to print some pretty good quality stuff.
    Thanks for sharing the build photos and really nice build again

Comment

lrsd18Abn Thanks for posting for the first time since you signed up 26 months ago! I agree with you, OsideRCflyer has created a masterpiece here with his P-8 Poseidon. It's stunning!
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

That is very nice. Thanks for posting.
        Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Very nice work, Im going to add more details to mine after maiden, did you order the ordnance from one of the other Freewing planes, thinking of getting the ones from the A10, The infrared camera you made your self? Im working on the wing tips> making them out of balsa and glassing them, how did you made yours. Again congrats on your project.
          Attached Files

Comment

I’m hoping I can make this in miniature with the slip ring and a micro FPV cam

Comment

Comment

The CAD file I made can fit a single 24mm cam with circuit board as most are between 19-25mm square

Comment

Wow your P8 looks great.
                  how did you make the torpedo bay, I built mine off of the 3d files on thinguniverse but no torpedo bay.
                  I've gone as far as grafting a WR 737 cfm56 pouch style engine pod onto a al37 engine mount to get a more NG style

Comment

Wow, very nice graft of the engine nacelles. Do you have a set of instructions you could share or other pics. I have only 1 set of each and I don’t want to trash the set trying to get it right.

Comment

The AL-37 parts are mostly sold out on the market. Good thing you transformed it to US Navy P-8 Poseidon. I wish I could built one myself. Oh well, will try to look for parts and create enough budget for it. Good job!

Comment

Working...
                      X