X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Wing F-86 Sabre 27" 64 mm EDF

finally! after getting the Tail feathers on the F-86 Sabre, 4:00 am slept until 8 and started on getting the wing halves glued together I noticed that there are holes in the wing halves to add a center tube but not supplied in the kit so I made one out of some Carbon Fiber rod just the right size. The little wing tube I made will add in wing halve alignment so that the wing tip incidents is the same. wing is glued together and setting up going to finish it today, bad weather wind 20 to 30 gust over 45 mph tomorrow's forecast here in the Black hills 65 degrees sunny and 5 to 10 mph. Headed out to fly a bunch of planes with a few other guys

Well here it is again 4:00 AM. I just finished up on the small F-86, 64mm EDF. The drop tanks were just to plane all Silver so I just had to add a little paint and pin stripping LOL!!!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	yeller.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	240329

Comment

Looks good. I recently just maidened my f86 64mm.

It flys great! I will say the tanks on the wings do not seem to stay on. But it lands with no issues without them. I've got about a dozen flights on it now. It's a plane that goes with me to field always! It's just amazing!

Comment

I’ve had one of these for a while and I’ve done some pretty crazy stuff with it. It’s one of my favorite planes. So, what did I do?
        1. Place a Zohd flight controller in the little bird. With this device the controller will let you set the system to “return to home” mode when launching. So I can firewall the throttle BUT nothing happens until I hand launch. About 3 meters from my hand the throttle kicks in and the little bird flies itself in a circle while climbing to 130’. Then I take the controls and zoom around.

2. I took the Zohd out and place in an FPV camera with on screen display. I flew the plane from launch through landing wearing goggles the OSD like a heads up display was amazing

3. I’ve used a 4s 120C quad battery. It didn’t really fit so I used rubber bands to hold the canopy on. Fast as hell.

4. I Lost signal control of the plane once. It made a spiraling dive into grass from about 200’. Only the drop tank suffered structural damage. The nose showed wrinkling but that’s it. Plane was still humming and trying to fly when I got to the impact area.

this is an amazing model with tons fun things you can do with a small platform. This one just won’t break but, if it does, I’m getting another right away.

Comment

Working...
        X