You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F-16 Thunderbirds 70mm EDF BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select, 815mm (EFL7850) From Horizon Hobby

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-16 Thunderbirds 70mm EDF BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select, 815mm (EFL7850) From Horizon Hobby

Hi my name is Aaron Randazzo and I am reaching out because I have been having ton of issues with this one product unfortunately because it is my favourite Rc airplane that I have. I currently have the f16 thunderbird 70mm with safe select technology. I got one last summer and flew it a few times and I noticed that sometimes I would have to unplug the battery and replug it in because as soon as I lifted the throttle control the motor would work but as soon as I put it back to the idle and no throttle position and let the motor and fan completely stop, i could not get the motor to start up again by using my throttle stick it became unresponsive but all the other functions on my remote and the plane worked. I took some time off from flying and have started up again and was trying to figure this problem out and one of your people told me I needed to replace the ESC. So I decided to just buy the same airplane a brand new one because I wasn’t so sure that was the issue myself. So my new airplane just arrived yesterday and the same exact thing happened with this airplane I have tried with the safe technology on and off as well as trying a brand new battery as well as trying a different remote and the same thing is happening and I have no idea what is happening? I have tried re binding and nothing is working. Do you know what the issue could be? Again the problem is the first time I use the throttle I get power and the fan moves but when I drop the throttle all the way down and let the fan stop and then try to use the throttle again I get no movement from the fan.

I'm assuming you are.using a spektrum radio

​​​​​​Check your throttle trim. Try setting the trim to neutral (mid point) and rebind. This will set the failsafe throttle setting in the receiver to zero. If the trim is not correct, the system may incorrectly understand what zero throttle is.

This has nothing to do with AS3X or safe.

Comment

Thank you covert much for the response! I did try that many times and it still won’t work unfortunately

Comment

Do you have a spare transmitter? I'm curious if it is the transmitter or not. Create a test model in a spare transmitter and bind the plane.and test.

You could also try creating a new model in your primary transmitter. Use the default settings. Don't customize anything. Just a vanilla stock.acro model and bind the receiver to that model. If it works, then something about the orignal model was the issue.

Comment

Thank you for your response! Unfortunately I too thought this was an issue so I created a new stock one on my normal transmitter which is a DX6 generation 3 and that did not work and I also binded it to DX6i remote as well and the same issue accord. This plane is right out of the box so I don’t think it could be that either as well as a brand new battery that was listed as a completion part for this aircraft

Comment

Since it is happening on two transmitters, I reccomend contacting Horizon support.

They may have insight or experience with the problem.

One more thought before you call. Are you using the same battery or a brand new one? A battery that has high internal resistance and thus is unsafe to fly will put out power briefly before sagging, even quitting. A battery tester may say it is 98% charged, but that doesn't matter if the resistance has gotten so.bad it can't get the power out. So try a different 6s battery that you know is good.

You might also double check that the firmware is up to date on your transmitters. While I doubt this related, it is generally a good idea to be up to date.

Comment

Thank you again for the great insight I have now tried both of the 6S battery’s that I have and it still won’t work. And as far as the transmitter goes it’s funny you say that because last night I thought that could be an issue so I downloaded the newest version on my transmitter and still having the same issue this baffles me hah! I will reach out to horizon hobby again but last time they were not able to help me unfortunately but hopefully this time we can figure something out. Thank you for your help!

Comment

Is there a bind plug for this RX? If so, do you take it out after binding?

Comment

Yes there is and I have actually tried both I have binded and then taken out the bind plug before trying the throttle but I have also binded and left the plug in while trying the throttle and both times the throttle works but as soon as I bring my stick back to 0 and let the fan stop. When I move the throttle stick again I get no sound or movement from the motor

Comment

I still think the culprit is esc calibration especially with regard to failsafe throttle setting. You could try reprogramming the esc throttle settings.

It's almost like that is what you are unintentionally doing

Comment

Okay, I believe that is something I haven’t tried nor know how to do. Is that done all through my transmitter? Or how do I fix the fail safe and esc throttle settings?

Comment

Working...
                      X