X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nexa Jet Requests: SR-71, F-117, B-2

Black Horse Models has a rather limited balsa jet model selection at the moment. With that said, the foam jet market has moved to mostly EPO foam in the last decade or so. Black painted EPO doesn't perform well in the sun and/or heat, so many model jets that would have likely been manufactured in recent years (like the F-117, SR-71, etc.) have not been due to this phenomenon.

Since Motion RC is now a distributor of Black Horse Models, it would be great to see if they can influence the company to create new balsa model jets like the SR-71, F-117, B-2, etc. The jets can then be covered and contain some incredible printed patterns, yet be a bit more resilient in the sun/heat than a black painted EPO foam model would be.

These jets would be rather unique in this current market. The tougher part is ensuring they fly incredibly well to ensure they appeal to as many model pilots as possible. I'm sure they would also cost a pretty penny, but certain jets are worth more to me, and I'm willing to shell out the dough when I really see something I like.

Take my money now.

Comment

Originally posted by cg7060 View Post
      Take my money now.
      Your Avatar picture is exactly what vinyl covering I would add to my F-117 to make for great orientation, and it brings back memories when I saw it fly at an airshow.

Comment

I would be a customer for a twin 70 or 80mm balsa ARF SR-71, if done well..

Comment

Originally posted by tab28682 View Post
          I would be a customer for a twin 70 or 80mm balsa ARF SR-71, if done well..
          Yes indeed. I would as well. And with flat black covering, it would get all wrinkly in the sun like the full scale one does.

Comment

I would love a F117! More than the Blackbird even :).

Comment

They still show the twin MIG 29 and the EF2000 on their web page. Are they still making those two? If so, why isnt motion importing them and if they are making them and they are not being imported to the US, would a new design such as ones listed above be imported?

Comment

Hmm.....maybe I should change this thread title (if I could, but I can't edit it), "Nexa Model Jet Requests: SR-71, F-117, B-2". Although, of course, my Mig-29 would be nice to have on that list too, but this thread was created for different aircraft for good reason.

With Motion RC's "Nexa" balsa house brand, I forsee some unique models. Ringing Alpha !

Comment

Yes, indeed. . Perhaps some of my earlier comments I've made on the subject of airplane requests that don't quite meet the financial requirements of a six figure foam mold development project make a bit more sense now that we've announced Nexa. Now we have a clear playground for in-house balsa, so.... let's hear it!
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I love it!!! Thanks for the hard work. Like us all, I have a huge list, but those four I mentioned just in my previous post are ones I've wanted for a long time, so I'll start there.

Comment

I officially fully endorse this thread. I'd buy one of each!
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Aros View Post
                        I officially fully endorse this thread. I'd buy one of each!
                        Yeahhhhhhhh, buddy!

Comment

Put me down for 1 of each as well! I'll take a F117 first please!

Comment

The B-2 will probably come just after I finish my rebuild of the LX version . Would love to see any of these made!

Comment

Well if it does F106DeltaDart don't you worry, I will be happy to take yours off your hands to free you up for a Freewing version.
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Do a built up B-58 Hustler!!!

Comment

Comment

I'm "bumping" my old thread to revive it and see if others are interested in the same jets. Maybe some people haven't seen the thread yet. So, let's here if you'd be willing to purchase these models if made.

Comment

T-CAT I'm still in !

Comment

F-111 please! I don't see how an F-117 could be aerodynamically stable and still have scale appearance. The full scale was unstable in all axis without a fly-by-wire control system.

Comment

Working...
                                        X