X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From gliders to EDF jets

Hi all, hopefully someone can help... I am from the philippines and i have flown RC planes (mostly trainers; glider, micro skyhunter, scratch build) and i am stepping up to EDF. Would the 90mm f-22 standard version work for me? Just like james mentioned in the reviews it's a trainer? Please enlighten me if i am making the right or wrong decision.

I find the F-22 to be a big baby that is also capable of so much more. She lifts easy, can fly slower, can land nicely and is grass capable. It really comes down to price and experience. The 90mm F-22 is obviously at the higher end cost of a Freewing EDF, but if that is not a factor for you, I think the F-22 has a bunch of trainer like qualities.

But don't get me wrong, any EDF could be a challenge when it is your first EDF. If you watched our recent takeoff and landing live show, it is important to understand that landing an EDF jet is much different than say a glider or a micro. If possible, practice on a sim first. I'd hate for you to have a catastrophe on your first flight because you expected something different.

All the best - James

Comment

Just to to add to James’s recommendations. The freewing venom is basically the EDF glider lol lands at a walking pace and I consistently fly this plane 6-7 minutes whit good throttle management if you make passes at zero throttle you can definitely extend the flight times. I think you would be happy with both planes. That being said if you’ve only been flying 3 channel gliders both planes are going to be a challenge.

Comment

Hahaha the same guys that i asked before, thankyou guys for the recommendations... So here are my progress since i've talked to the both of you on private message..

i bought a 2nd hand futaba t8fg super
        I've decided to buy 2 EDFs (freewing rebel 70mm v2 and the f-22 90mm) one for me to practice on and the f22 for the next step not to mention the glider that i bought to refresh my muscle memory of flying been gone from the hobby for 2 years now so i guess i'm ready to take it a shot again😉 thankyoy for the support guys :) and the tips😉

Comment

Working...
        X