X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help decide my first EDF

OK, I know this all about personal preference. I'm new to this site and EDF's but it looks like everyone here has an extensive hangar. I'm not new to the hobby, I got back in about 5 yrs ago and fly mainly 30cc gas and 6 cell electrics. My go to planes right now are Aeroworks laser and 300 edge. My electrics include Flex Mamba 60, Rv8 , Cap 262 and Cessna 170. I like anything on floats. I am a sport flyer . If i am doing 3D I'm out of control. Circles, loops and rolls. You get the idea. I can usually get them up and down without incident. Here's my dilemma. The few guys that fly EDF in my area are flying the FW Avanti S and it comes highly recommended. I would prefer to not be one more Avanti at the field. I been following the forms on the FW T33 an L39. They look and seem like like a reasonable choice.I would love the 80 mm A10 but maybe not as a trainer. Flex's F100 is on my list. I fly off of grass so that has to be taken into consideration . Recommendations ??? Thanks Dan

Hi Dan, welcome to Hobby Squawk! Where the drinks are half price and the laughs are for free. Sorry, old joke.

You might be sorry not to be another satisfied customer of the Avanti S. It really is one heck of a sweetheart EDF. However I can respect that you don't want to just be someone adding another one to the field. The T-33 looks like a winner as well as the L-39. The 70mm V2 F-16 is a really fun scale jet that is easy on the budget with a high thrills threshold. The F-86 80mm still stands as one of the best trainer EDFs in that class to this day. While I agree I wouldn't make the 80mm A-10 my first EDF, she is an absolute jewel with beautiful flight characteristics. If not the Avanti I would go with the 80mm F-86. Once you have her trimmed out she's just a soft pu$$ycat.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
    X