You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New purchase, 90mm EDF - F22, F18 or other suggestions??

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New purchase, 90mm EDF - F22, F18 or other suggestions??

Hi guys, I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a new 90mm EDF but alas there are so many choices, I love the military looking planes which are scale opposed to sports jets.
    My experience is pretty good and i've owned a few turbines as well as a few of the early generations of 90mm EDFs including, freewing eurofighter, F14, F15, F16, stinger and other manufacturers 90s as well as 120mm HSD F16s and a lot of freewing 80mm stuff.
    Sooo,I don't have access to the large tarmac runway i used to fly off, but I do have access to a reasonable tarmac runway although shortish, 250-300ft ish and I have use of a longer grass runway.
    I was looking at the Freewing F22 or maybe the F18. Both look great and would make worthy hanger art but only one can be purchased!!
    I was leaning to the F22 as it looks like it would potentially handle the shorter runway better but the F18 has the longer flight times.
    I'm looking for some suggestions to help me decide......
    Thanks

Go with the F-22. Can take off and land shorter than the F-18, and has a wider flight envelope.
    Pat

Comment

Agree, F-22

Comment

Thanks, I was leaning towards the F22

Comment

Foxtrot Double Duce! all the way,,,,,, But 8S!
          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

The F18 Hornet is great, built light with lights, 4 mins of flight time. Add a gyro and she fly's super smooth. I love the F22 just haven't purchased it bc I don't feel like adding lights. lol, you're good either way.

Comment

I can see i'll end up buying both!! I've never had an F18 or F22 so they'd be both great additions to my flying history and current fleet.
              I'll stick to the 6s versions as it just easier on the batteries I have.

Comment

I couldn't decide.
                Both are lovely but very different so I look forward to flying them and mastering each of their characteristics .
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X