X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pushrods position on Viper

I noticed the pushrod on one of my Vipers servo are placed opposite of the others. Is this a big deal?
    Attached Files

First of all, you should ask yourself .......................... Do the control surfaces work as they should - in the correct direction? If they do, don't worry about it.
    Explanation: What you are showing in those pictures are the opposing wings. The outside control surfaces are the ailerons. The inside ones are the flaps. Aileron servos are usually "Y'd" and thus are installed in "mirror image" so they operate opposite each other (ie, one goes up while the other goes down.) The flap servos are also "Y'd" BUT, they must operate in the same direction when flaps are deployed. The right way to do it is to use one reversed servo but many manufacturers can't be bothered. So, in order to make them do what they need to do, they CANNOT be installed in mirror image. That's why you see what you see.

Comment

So flaps rods has the same angel like from the left side of the horn on both wings
      and aileron opposite of each other? Sorry for my dum guestions just wanna be sure
      my maiden will be fine. A picture/diagram showing the correct installation would help:)

Comment

You should call things by what they are known by most. The thing on the servo with the little holes in it is called "servo arm". The thing on the control surface with the little holes is called "horn". The little wire between those is called "rod". At least, that's the way I know them as. The rods aren't usually described as having an angle. It's the servo arm that has an "angle". Aileron arms should be centered and should be at 90 degrees to perpendicular when powered up either via the main battery or by a servo tester. Flap servo arms, when the flaps are "zeroed" (or level with the wing surface) should be near or "toward" the beginning of their travel and therefore, will not be at 90 degrees to start, but they should be more or less even.
        I don't have a Viper so can't show you a picture. By your own pictures, one of your aileron servo arms is NOT at 90 degrees, while the other one is. Due to this, it is very possible that one aileron will reach end point travel before the other, so a full throw stick deflection may result in a weird response during a roll. Your flap servo arms look about right. However, only by operating them with the TX sticks, will you know if they function properly (measure travel in all rates and all directions for ALL control surfaces).
        I recall in another thread, that someone mentioned that ALL servos and their arms should be neutralized with no rods attached BEFORE control surfaces can be set. Also, it appears that your flaps use foam hinges and all foam hinges should be "exercised" with no rods attached. Your ailerons appear to use swivel type hinges but should be manually moved to make sure they aren't sticky.

Comment

I "flexed" all rudders with the "rods" off from the wings. And with everything turned on all rudders do what the are supposed to do so i won't be asking more about rods, horn,arms and hinges:) Thank's though for your patience:)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikom View Post
            I "flexed" all rudders with the "rods" off from the wings. And with everything turned on all rudders do what the are supposed to do so i won't be asking more about rods, horn,arms and hinges:) Thank's though for your patience:)
            Well-done, Best of luck

Comment

Thank’s.

Comment

Working...
              X